So confused…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

So confused…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

areselle
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 7:57 pm #84695
    So confused…

I’ve been seeing this guy for a few months now. He keeps saying how he finds me so attractive and how he loves spending time with me that he thinks I’m an amazing woman. But that he doesn’t want a relationship that he is still a mess from his last relationship that ended about 7 months ago. We text each other threw out the day and see each other a few times a week. I haven’t asked or pushed for anything from him. Yet he will keep saying he doesn’t want a relationship that he doesn’t want to be with someone who has kids. Which I do have and he knew when he met me. We aren’t having sex so I know that isn’t why he keeps wanting to see me. Does he really not want anything with me or is he just scared after being hurt so much by his ex? His ex had kids and when it ended she wouldn’t allow him any contact with them. He doesn’t have any of his own.

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84698

This is a tough one, but I have been in his and your shoes before. It sounds like he is being direct and honest about things. I would voice your concerns directly to him, and hopefully he will either clarify his position more thoroughly.

teadrinker
    Participant
    August 27, 2015 at 1:08 am #84855

He’s probably as confused as you are. The bottom line here is that he’s a mess from the breakup. Don’t push for anything. Keep in touch with him but don’t get your hopes up that things will happen instantly (or happen at all). He sounds sincere and honest, just give him space and time.

sbe1
    Participant
    August 27, 2015 at 2:05 am #84860

To be honest no one is still fucked up from a relationship that ended seven months ago unless it is somehow some lengthy divorce. I feel that he is trying to make some sort of excuses in order to not date you like maybe he does not want the responsibility of having to deal with another relationship involving children or something of the sort, but making excuses for any significant other is never the route anyone should take. If he wants to be with you nothing will stop him from wanting to be with you that is how men are especially if the girl is interested. What kind of physical relatioship do you guys have if any at all and has he tried to initiate any physicality with you because if that is the case and you denied him then that could be all he is actually looking for with you even though you guys currently have not had sex. Obviously confront him but this seems like the type of situation where he will just make excuses so if this continues then it is obvious he is not interested.

Payaslow
    Payaslow
    Participant
    September 3, 2015 at 8:18 am #85056

He’s confused as well. Just keep on keeping on, just be honest with him.