So confused! Need advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

becca213
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 5:55 pm #44387

So there is this girl that I have known for a little more then 2 years now. We worked together for about a year and a half and were friends during that time. She has been out as a lesbian for a long time now and has had lots of relationship problems in the past. I have never considered her as anything more then a friend until recently. I got a different job and once I left my old job we became much closer. She was going through a lot and I was there for her. It opened my eyes to how much I actually care about her. I have never dated a girl before and honestly don’t know if I want to. We talk everyday and she has told me I’m beautiful and a great person. She has also said that she would consider asking me out once she works on herself. At this point she is living with her ex-girlfriend. She tells me they are just friends but they share a bed and are very close. I just don’t know what to think. I really like her and care about her so much but I don’t know what she feels about me.

becca213
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 5:59 pm #44391

She is a very flirty person and very confident in herself. I am a very shy person with people usually but for some reason with her I am very open. She has told me before that if she had the chance she would sleep with me. I just don’t know how to go about finding out how she really feels and if there is a chance of us getting together. We are very different people but for some reason get along so well and there is just something there that makes me really want to be with her. What should I do to find out what is going through her head without being to forward about it??

Taylor
    Participant
    December 13, 2013 at 5:58 am #44508

That is tough. Your best bet would to opt out of the friend zone that you are in. Give her a reason to look at you as something more than a friend. Ask her out, then when you go out, treat her in a way that will let her know how you feel. But not too much, open her view towards you as more than just a friend. To do that you need to stop treating her like a friend and start treating her like a potential girlfriend, showing interest but not being overbearing. Once you show her that side of you she will weigh it out in her mind and decide if thats something she would want from you. then from there take it slow and keep cool. Good luck!