So confused, so stressed.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sadavid
    sadavid
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 5:02 pm #53855

This is an extremely difficult situation, so this may be a long explanation.

Okay, so, I was in a 3 and a half year relationship that ended beginning of February this year. We have a 2 year old daughter together. Having one vehicle, no childcare, and financial difficulties I was forced to be a stay at home mom(I hate depending on others)… We were arguing all day, every day…. My emotional needs weren’t being met and after several fights about this I sought comfort in the only other person I had contact with at the time, a friend from high school who happened to be male. I never cheated, but my ex found out I was talking to him & assumed I was. The night he found out was the night I moved out. Having no job or vehicle I had to move. in with my mother. I’ve never gotten along with my mother & her new boyfriend & I didn’t see eye to eye. I hated living there. & knowing my relationship with my mom my ex offered to let me move back in. When we broke up I made it very clear I didn’t wa

burningquestion
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 5:11 pm #53859

Its a very difficult place you are in so first. let me say i’m sorry. If I were you and you want to turn things around with your significant other, do so. Understand his jealousy that you would seek solace in another guy is his issue, not yours. Nor does that mean you throw it in his face about being unsupported. Make amends, life is so short to deny each other love or space or comfort. Then focus on getting back to work, once you have achieved a paycheck coming in stress will reduce itself, in the meantime, be an understanding woman, give him support and be there for him, if he needs space, let him have it. If you stay true to yourself and use logic instead of emotions, you will be fine, in time.

sadavid
    sadavid
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 5:16 pm #53866

Cont.. want a relationship with him anymore, so his offer only came from wanting to help the mother of his child and wanting to be closer to his child. We had been living back together for almost two months (me sleeping on the couch) & getting along really well. We were splitting up the responsibilities in taking care of our daughter, which I had problems getting him to do when we were together. Well about a week ago we started a whole friends with benefits kind of thing, if you can call it that.

Okay after all that my questions are: Is it wrong if I want to try a relationship with him again? And would it be fair to do that & risk getting my daughters hopes up?

None of my friends like him., but that’s because after having my daughter & having to quit work I became really depressed and cut off contact with everyone & they blame him.

sadavid
    sadavid
    Participant
    May 28, 2014 at 10:58 am #53869

@burningquestion I added more lol. I do have a job now(: & it is less stressful, but all of it still is stressful.

sadavid
    sadavid
    Participant
    May 28, 2014 at 10:58 am #53871

@burningquestion I added more lol. I do have a job now(: & it is less stressful. But still really stressful..