So frustrated and empty..advice please!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 7:43 pm #56734

Okay guys, bear with me here. I met a girl at college last July (2013) and we talked for five months before we started to date. I was instantly attracted to her and I felt a very deep bond with her. We had so much fun together and it just felt right. Well we eventually broke up for a couple days before she wanted to try and make it work again. I was and am still crazy about her. I told her I wanted to talk to her about something but didn’t get a chance to for a week in a half. Well she thought I wanted to tell her, “I’m in love with her” but that wasn’t the issue. I just recently graduated and she has one year left. What I wanted to tell her was that since she had a year of school left, I wanted to go into the Air Force to better my resume for future jobs but I never got to tell her that. Well she thought this whole time that I wanted to tell her that I’m in love with her so she thought to herself, Am I really in love with him? And she couldn’t say she was which we discussed. We had no

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 7:48 pm #56735

issues with fighting or disagreeing a lot. The thing I’m confused about is that she told me she could see herself being with me in the long run. She tells me I’m a great guy and that she didn’t want to lose me but she didn’t want to make the commitment I was willing to make to her. I fell in love with not only her but her family. They’re great people and are very religious. I myself am not so much, but I look at that as having great morals and values which she possesses. It’s been three days now since we had no contact and I can’t stop thinking about her. I know it’s for the best right now to be done especially if I want to enter the military. I’m just scared that we won’t ever kick it off again or even talk and that frustrates me because this girl is really something special to me. I adore everything about her and want her in my life but I don’t want to act desperate and insecure. So I’m trying to do everything in my power to make her miss me by not posting on social media or

ZauzetTrgovac
    ZauzetTrgovac
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 5:27 am #56746

If you really like her, go and tell her how she means the world to you. It will not make you less of a man if you let her know how special she is.

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:12 am #56736

contact her. I just want to know what can come out of this because I feel so lost. Thank you guys for reading and helping me cope with my emotions.

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:12 am #56737

contacting her via text, call, etc. I’m scared that we won’t ever be able to work it out because of our individual futures but I am willing to sacrifice anything to keep her by my side. Thank you guys for reading and helping me cope with my emotions.

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:12 am #56739

contact her via text, call, etc. Help me cope with my emotions guys and thank you for listening!

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:12 am #56738

contacting her via text, call, etc. Please help me anyway guys and thanks for reading.

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:12 am #56740

via text, call, etc.. thank you for listening and helping me cope with my emotions

Anonymous
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:13 am #56748

And I’m not afraid of that. I just know right now I’ll be rejected and embarrass myself then all hope will definitely be lost. I’m just trying to get by day to day and do me for a little bit but at the same time always wondering what she’s up to…

onebigvon
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 8:46 am #56837
    Reply To: So frustrated and empty..advice please!

You need to get together with her. Ask her to have dinner with you or something. Sit down and talk about things. Tell her that you want to go into the military. Just have a talk like two people that care about each other. Forget the games and just be honest. Tell her that you care and want her in your life if that’s a possibility and see what happens. If it doesn’t work out, your pride might be hurt for a few days, but then you can head off to basic training with a clear mind instead of torturing yourself over what might have been. No regrets my friend! Good luck!

bts7790
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 1:42 pm #56902
    Reply To: So frustrated and empty..advice please!

Just be honest with her. Tell her exactly how you feel. Hold nothing back. When you lay it out all on the line, either she can take it or leave it. Put the ball in her court. Best of luck brother.