So is this guy stringing me along?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cjo0038
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 12:20 pm #59168

I’ve been talking to this guy for about 1.5 months. We’ve gone on several dates initially and they were great. Due to recent events, it has become harder and harder to meet up due to change in circumstances: He now lives an hour away, started a new job, looking for an apartment.

He continues to keep in contact with me on a daily basis (more so checking in on me as opposed to having in depth conversation). He asks about specific things going on in my life, he comments on things I snapchat him, he shares stuff that he does throughout the day.

It may seem obvious but I’m only asking because you always hear people say, “if they want to date you, they will make it happen”. At the same time I would t want to date someone in his current circumstance. He has expressed interest in seeing me haven’t done anything. Would he be trying to get his life together before perusing me again? Or just stringing me along and using it as an excuse?

runtothesun
    runtothesun
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 3:31 pm #59205

It’s tough to tell honestly. It’s true, if he wants to date you he’ll find a way to make it happen. He could be conflicted about how he wants to approach this, so he’s keeping in touch just in case he does want to get into a relationship, but keeping enough distance that he can back out

Best of luck to you

just_chilling7089
    Participant
    August 12, 2014 at 8:06 pm #59314

What are you snap chatting him? If they aren’t flirting then you are confusing him. Also if he doesn’t know anyone where new job is he could just be lonely and you are keeping him company.

Amethyst
    Participant
    August 13, 2014 at 7:38 am #59316

When a man tells you he thinks you’re flirty and fresh. Is this something he likes in me?
    Do men like a little of that and want to see it more or less. I’m may through out a flirt here and there, but not as a rule. I don’t see myself as “fresh”. Then again what is fresh to him. I may need to know that. He is the only one receiving any flirts or freshness on my part.