So I've been lying.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

So I've been lying.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anonymousDude425
    Participant
    June 11, 2017 at 12:23 pm #139158
    So I've been lying.

I’ve hung out with a girl on the weekends for about 3 months now as ‘just friends’ . We spend our time one-on one and gotten dinner afterwards a few times too. I’ve been lying to myself pretending I don’t have feelings for her, because being all casual about it means I get to spend the day with her. I am planning on telling her how I feel the next time we meet. I am fully aware this will bring an end to our ‘just friends’ arrangement, but at this point I’m pretty sure I’m in love with her. She’s been the one asking to hang out most of the time, but the last two weeks she’s been relatively unresponsive online and too busy to meet. I hope she hasn’t started dating some other guy, but it’s very likely. Am I doing the right thing by telling her now? Or is it just too late. Thanks.

jamieshaw
    jamieshaw
    Participant
    June 12, 2017 at 4:50 am #139182

Just tell her that you can’t see her anymore unless its in a romantic fashion.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    June 12, 2017 at 11:19 am #139247

What signs have you seen telling you she feels that way about you?
    Typically – if you are holding back and are at the edge that you must “burst out” your feelings and have no idea how she’ll respond – not a good sign.

However, it’s always best to be direct and ask and find out. (well, depending on what theory you subscribe to) – but apparently this appeals to women and is attractive (for a man to have the confidence to not be afraid to ask them out, risk rejection but feel enough to still do it). I’ve heard a LOT of this lately from different females for some reason.

The other theory subscribes to being “mysterious” etc. etc. so it just depends on what theory you subscribe to. But from ti appears to me, you’ve been doing the “cool, mysterious, don’t let on” thing for a while now and your’ not where you want to be… so…

Bellarose
    Bellarose
    Participant
    June 15, 2017 at 3:43 pm #139598

She could be doing many things and just busy with life, there is no way of knowing if she is dating someone else. At this point you have two options, either remain silent about your feelings or be honest. What harm will come from expressing how you feel?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    June 15, 2017 at 6:02 pm #139632

there’s plenty of harm in putting your neck out for rejection – why can’t women understand that? *shakes head*

anyway the TRUTH is… you will experience less harm over less time if you are more direct and stick your neck out, then wondering, lingering, going up and down for years on this….

but make no mistake .. putting yourself out there CAN DO HARM!