So there is this really cute girl in my college physics class. I ended up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 3:04 pm #85957

doing a lab with her and we kinda talked and I thought she was realy cool. So, I emailed her this.”Hey toni so um I’m sitting at my desk right now doing calc 2 problems and I started thinking about stuff and I realized something. I realized that I actually liked talking to u and that I actually think ur really cool; which is like realy rare for me cause honestly I cant remember the last time I met some1 I actualy liked talking to. I know I realy don’t know u and that I’m basicaly a stranger so this is probly a realy weird thing to do but what I’m trying to say is I kinda talked to u once, I liked it, and I want to do it again and find out more about u and see how that goes.I did not want 2 put u on the spot so an email made sense to me. So email me ur # if u have nothing better to do”. So she said “I’m sorry I had a busy day. I think what you said was very sweet but I just want to let you know that I have a boyfriend, I’m realy sorry about that. But I really appreciate what you said.”

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 3:05 pm #85958

What should I think about this?

samg000
    samg000
    Participant
    September 26, 2015 at 10:05 am #85972

Nothing really, it seems you put yourself out there and sadly she was (assuming she isn’t lying) taken by another guy.

JokesOnMe
    JokesOnMe
    Participant
    October 2, 2015 at 2:07 am #86360

Well, you could first start off by not typing an email in the most annoying way known to mankind. Also, don’t read into the boyfriend thing too much. Whether she has one or not she isn’t interested.

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 2, 2015 at 2:47 am #86364

Well, you could first start off by not typing an email in the most annoying way known to mankind. Also, don’t read into the boyfriend thing too much. Whether she has one or not she isn’t interested.

Ouch, though I agree

The thing about guys in college that I’ve noticed and by my own experience so far is that they try talking to you, flirting or whatever and assume you are single. I mean, I don’t really no how you can find out if a girl is taken without stalking her for photos of another guy or on social media or by simply asking. But she could be right, many chicks have boyfriends. And for the ones that don’t, they either lie to a guy as if it’d be better than saying they aren’t interested or are just not that into you…. yet. Now you’ve officially made things awkward in your physics class lol I applaud you though for being straightforward.

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 2:05 pm #86461

You guys need to free your selfs and start living life man. You could die tomorrow do what ever you want when you want and tell em’ all to go to hell. This is who I am this is what I do and if you if you feel awkward then I feel sorry for you cause well you where busy feeling awkward I moved on and met someone else.. did something else.. followed my dreams..

RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 3:22 pm #86462

I think what they’re trying to say is that you wrote your message in a way that comes off as very unattractive, which could turn a girl off even if she doesn’t have a boyfriend. Keep it short, and don’t say things like “if you have nothing better to do.” Meeting up with you should be the better thing to do.

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 1:21 am #86611

You know you shouldn’t ‘interpret’ or ‘assume’ or ‘infer’ what someone else is trying to say or feel might cause a few problems for you in your relationships. You want some real dating advice? Never force agreement, never say this is what it is, this is what should be thought, this is what should be felt. Always give people room to flee, freeze, fight, and submit.

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 4:15 pm #86659
    Reply To: So there is this really cute girl in my college physics class. I ended up

Wow that was so fast to move on to the next B. I guess you’re only in it for the butt?? I wouldn’t date you in my opinion if you were rejected by someone else and immediately asked another chick out. Reason why I do not date men in college. They are only trying to get into your pants :/

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 4:18 pm #86661
    Reply To: So there is this really cute girl in my college physics class. I ended up

Dude just don’t get butt hurt about this, you asked for advice and people gave it to you. You made the whole email awkward by putting in that extra shit, so if you’re interested with someone, start slow and ask to hangout, she’ll take the hint there. :/

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 8:43 pm #86679

‘Spartan117’ I just want you to know that you have a valid point and I completely respect your perspective; you seem like a very smart person and I was very lucky to get your advice. Good luck! I hope you meet someone that understands you and likes your awkward emails you know what I mean?