so there this guy of course…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 4:34 am #83800

So, I asked to meet up with him at his place to go out or watch movies like we usually do. Instead, he sends me a text message– “oh, sorry I made plans.” Then I go, “oH, okay”. nothing to elaborate. Then he preceded to send me this message “I’ve been pretty occupied with someone lately, not been hanging with friends and family” then another messages “Yea, Things moved pretty fast lately”. I am wondering why he just sent this as we just literally just talked on the phone.

I took that as meaning “leave me alone” but my friend thinks that he just telling me so I won’t feel like I am being blown off and that I will hear from him or see him sooner then I think. She says you just saw him and your constantly talking to him and his relationship with the other lady is fresh and he did not say not to contact him and things happen in a few short weeks.

Well, I am not that optimistic and I am sticking with he means “leave me alone”. Who agrees with my thought? haha…

JeffS
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 10:51 am #83822

Well someone can be dating more than one person at once and feelings can come suddenly. He could have been dating someone else for weeks/months, you never know. It’s possible or he could have simply just changed his mind about wanting to see you again for any number of reasons. You’ll never know if he’s telling the truth or that’s his way of rejecting you as nicely as possible.

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 4:55 pm #83833

I know exactly what you mean JeffS and yea you can date more than one person. However, I just believe in being honest about it though. He still talks to me though lol..he calls me and also texts me too. But at this point I am over trying and ok with being friends. I am not going to stress about it. I will move on to the next.

JeffS
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 11:35 pm #83844

I would ask him what he thinks of you bluntly. It would seem that you could be friends, I suspect he doesn’t want to date you for whatever reason. I personally wouldn’t cancel a date unless I was exclusive with someone else or a legit emergency came up. Everyone is different tho. I get inconsiderate women all the time, no texts the day of a date or no answer when I ask them out again, common/generic excuses, etc. I believe in being honest and I look at it as a blessing that I quickly know who isn’t worth my time. Being mislead is part of the dating game it seems.

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 11, 2015 at 8:23 am #83848

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 11, 2015 at 8:24 am #83846

oh, that is the thing, when we make plans that plans are firm. IF something is up when he asks me to do something or if I ask him to do something we bluntly say sorry , next time have plans with other people. just two weeks prior we spent the week-end in NYC lol..so, i mean..haha either he is lying OR he just wants to take a step back from hanging with me like we are.

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 11, 2015 at 8:24 am #83849

When we make plans he sticks to the plan and never cancels. Now if we are busy we both admit it and touch bases for next time to hang out together at a later time. Just the other weekend we went to NYC together. So, that is why I was like..say what?? My friend thinks there is no lady and he just wants space for the moment because it is been a little over 2 weeks since we took the trip together. She suspects in like a week or two he will come back around. But I on the other hand think he is telling the truth.

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 11, 2015 at 11:04 am #83861

woah serious delay

jadefox
    jadefox
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 1:01 am #83930

Too bad! But he keeps sending you messages like that or telling on the phone then, that means he’s not serious with you. If he’s really serious he should keep his communication with you no matter what. Hope it helps! 🙂

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 3:53 am #83935
    Reply To: so there this guy of course…

yea, the communication is open its just I don’t want to even bother with him right now lol. If he is that preoccupied after two weeks the flames will eventually die down and who kknows what will happen then. Even so..i am not even going to stress about it at the end of the day there is more out there.

NinaMarie
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 5:05 pm #84116

I think you definitely have the right attitude about this. His behavior is confusing, and much better not to stress about it at all.

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 15, 2015 at 4:21 am #84136

Exactly…I will let the cards fall where they may.