So there's this girl…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

So there's this girl…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bearcat707
    Participant
    November 13, 2015 at 10:51 pm #88467
    So there's this girl…

I am a senior in high school. There is this girl that has parked next to me all year so far in the parking lot that I got a crush on. A few months passed and I recently got the balls to actually talk to her. We talked briefly because there is not much time to talk before class but it wasent too bad. We talked a few time and I asked her a question about something on Twitter. We began talking and had a great conversation and I got her phone number. We text often and she puts laughing emojis a lot and we have nice conversations. A couple of times she puts the blushing smily face emoji (☺️) when I complement her and when she says good night. I really like this girl but we don’t have a lot of time to talk in person and I get a little nervous when I talk to her. It seems our face to face conversations are not as interesting as our texting. I do not know what to do next, I would love to date her but we have only been talking for a week now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

girlinquiring
    girlinquiring
    Participant
    November 15, 2015 at 10:01 pm #88501

I would try talking to her more outside of the texting world. Perhaps setup a time after classes? Maybe just ask her out on a simple coffee date.
    It might be awkward because you both are waiting for the other to respond, sometimes texting can make conversations too easy and we then become stuck when in person — also maybe take into account nervs. Nervous people sometimes talk a LOT or TOO LITTLE, perhaps you are both on the too little side!

tstudent
    Participant
    November 16, 2015 at 8:41 am #88473

I doubt that you really don’t have time to talk face to face. Maybe not at school, but you could ask her out for a coffee or something. Also, being a bit nervous isn’t a bad thing. People are nervous when something is important to them and they want to do well (compare: singers are nervous before performance). She’s probably just as nervous as you are. Good luck!

alicelucy90445
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 5:16 pm #88645

She could just be shy. I am a girl, and I am much better conversing with people that I have a romantic interest in via Text rather than in person. When I get nervous its like my brain just goes blank and idk what to ever say. Girls get nervous too! Try keeping a conversation going on your own, and if she happily responds and converses back then you’ll know its just nerves!

Cwsm94
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 10:44 pm #88657

Just tell her how you feel

Anonymous
    November 18, 2015 at 1:32 am #88659

She’s probably just as nervous as you are. Good luck!

Anonymous
    November 18, 2015 at 2:37 pm #88687

I think you should give texting more time until both of you are already comfortable enough with each other, then go ask her for a coffee or something