So there's this girl at work…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ThatKidAaron
    Participant
    April 15, 2015 at 11:25 pm #77322

We’ve been working together for about 6 months if not longer & have seemed to become close friends. Every time we see each other we usually are flirting or play fighting. She even has called me her boyfriend or her man on a couple of occasions. The only thing is that when I try to talk to her outside of work or on social media sites, she is kinda distant. Like, I’m bothering her. So it makes me wonder if she us just being a tease or is she afraid to get serious? I know, this usually isn’t the best way to get a date but I have developed some feelings for her & don’t want to possibly miss out on something. I doubt this matters but she is black & I’m white. So I’m not sure if that changes anything. I mean, I’m not really even sure she dates white guys, I didn’t want to just randomly ask her & possibly sound weird. Anyways, should I just let her know how I’m feeling & risk rejection as well as embarrassment or just let it play out?

system311
    system311
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 8:39 am #77329

My advice is to just ask her out.

Women want a man who acts. If she does like you, that’s the only way you will have a shot. If she doesn’t, you will learn why “she doesn’t date outside her race” or whatever. At least then you know and can decide if you feel that this is a solid barrier or a perforated one. It gives you the chance to get her or move on and stop pining.

system311
    system311
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 8:39 am #77330

If you don’t act, you will stay in limbo.

ross91082
    Participant
    April 18, 2015 at 11:15 pm #77531

just ask her if she would be interested in being more than friends.

cleckop000
    Participant
    April 18, 2015 at 11:30 pm #77533

Ask her out. You seem close enough with her that even if it doesn’t work out you can still be friends.