DATING ADVICE FORUM

something needs to change

Author
    Comments

• cosmicdust
    Participant
    November 17, 2016 at 11:45 pm #117779
    something needs to change

If you have followed my other thread, you know things have gone south with a girl I am interest id. It might not seem like a big deal but that was the closest I have ever come to actually being with someone.

I say something needs to change because I have never had a chance in dating. I was a loner in high school, and have never had a chance in five years of college. Because I am a computer science major, there are usually few, if any women in my classes. No opportunity.

I worked at a huge chain store for three years. I quickly discovered that literally every single female working there either had a kid, a boyfriend, a husband, or some combo of these. My friends are kind of an odd group of guys so nothing there.

cosmicdust
    Participant
    November 17, 2016 at 11:50 pm #117780

I don’t think I have a problem interacting with women, not nervous, not needy, not aggressive. I just have no opportunities, and I feel like if I force myself into new situations doing stuff I normally wouldn’t do, like a dance class or poetry club, or whatever, then I am not being myself because I don’t care for stuff like that.

Online dating is no better. I have basically run out of women to message and gotten maybe 10 to respond. Went on one date but that lead nowhere.

I just don’t know what to do while staying true to who I am.

Phil7463
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 7:37 am #117924

Start going to clubs, bars, etc. They’re really fun and give you tons of chances to put yourself out there for many women to see. Even if it doesn’t work one day to the next, you’ll still have fun while doing it

Anonymous
    November 20, 2016 at 12:30 pm #117942

Constant conflicts together in the midst of the dragons of the north and south are taking their toll upon Mogmont’s health. Slay three of each to permit him time for much-needed burning.

Jeje977
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 4:27 pm #117955

I would start by going to clubs, or even signing up for a sport or whatever activity you’re interested in. It will give you the opportunity to meet new people.