DATING ADVICE FORUM

Starting conversation between sport sessions

Author
    Comments

• tstudent
    Participant
    October 23, 2016 at 3:22 pm #114978
    Starting conversation between sport sessions

Hello! So there’s this girl I’ve seen a few times and would like to get to know. She plays volleyball after my floorball games at the same place. I’d like to ask her out when we change, but I have no idea how. Probably I should be quick and not waste her game time, but just asking “Hi, I’ve seen you around a few times and you seem like a person I’d like to know. Why don’t we have a coffee some time?” would be too direct. Being asked by a complete stranger, she’d most likely reject. I’m not too nervous about talking to her, but what makes it difficult, is that there will be a group of people I know around. I’ve also considered giving her a note with a smile. Any ideas how I could be quick but still give her a glimpse of my personality would be very welcome.

tucker_adams
    Participant
    October 24, 2016 at 7:19 pm #115139

I think the best way is to approach her and say hello, ask her about volleyball, show her your personality and do that a few times and then ask her out for lunch or coffee.

tstudent
    Participant
    October 26, 2016 at 3:06 pm #115488

Thanks for the reply! Maybe I should do that… It just feels akward to approach in that situation, as our team is clearing our equipment and they’re setting up their equipment, and no one is really talking. And going to talk repeatedly without being direct on my intentions in a situation where she’s obviously busy… I don’t know. Maybe I’ll just ask her about volleyball and whether she’s studying in that university (students come to play also from other campuses), and after a short conversaton, tell her I’d like to meet her again, e.g. go for a coffee. That might not be too direct, but it really has to be short.

Still taking new ideas though.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  tstudent.