"still not married and no kids" is he just giving me an update or is there more

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

miss-kitty
    Participant
    January 19, 2014 at 11:34 pm #46157

I dated this guy for a while then he moved away and started dating. When I asked him about it, he said it wasn’t that serious. He started that he was dating her because we couldn’t fully be together as I was on separation and he continued to push me towards divorce that i was already working towards. long story short we stayed in touch but it was hard knowing he was dating someone else. eventually I couldn’t bear it any longer, I wished him the very best, severed all contact for almost 2 years. This past new years eve, I wrote to apologies how I cut him off and wish him a new year. nothing more. He replied very excited and told me how he was “still not married and had no kids”. expressed sad he was when i did what did and that he hopes that we stay in contact. when I wrote I just wanted to clear the air about severing all contact and just to let him know that I didn’t hate him. should I read “still not married and had no kids” just as an update or is he trying to tell me more?

30somethinggirl
    Participant
    July 29, 2015 at 1:34 pm #83423

Hard to say. Probably just an update.