Is this too straightforward?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brett123
    Participant
    April 2, 2014 at 3:16 pm #49658

Ok, so there is a girl i kind of like (im not in love yet or anything like that because i’ve not known her for long), we text like everyday, sometimes long other times short messages, etc. I also have to add that i’m helping her at studying and i still will if this doesn’t go right.

So i decided to ask her out for lunch and she said yes. So i was thinking of telling her that i kind of like her, but its not something big yet, and that i wanted to know if she thought i had any chance, because i wanted to know if i keep trying to get to know her and maybe fall in love or if i just try to forget about it, as cutting it now would not hurt me as much and it wouldn’t make it uncomfortable for her if i keep helping her with studies as opposed as if she kept me waiting, i feel in love and then she rejected me.

Is this too straightforward? Do you think it can ruin the chances? She is kind of a direct person but she is a girl after all and girls are complicated xD
    Any comments would help!

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    April 2, 2014 at 3:21 pm #50237

Yeah man that is too straightforward. Any relationship carries with it the risk of getting hurt. If you always try to avoid that risk, you’ll never find a relationship worth keeping.

Just keep trying. If it doesn’t work out, dust yourself off and try again with someone else.

sarah_t30
    Participant
    April 4, 2014 at 12:37 am #50440

No I don’t think so, i’m a girl and I like straightforward guys not guys who play games. If she doesn’t feel the same way, fine, but I think your a good guy! 🙂

Nickolai
    Nickolai
    Participant
    April 5, 2014 at 12:42 am #50472

i think you should tell her that you like her but i dont think you should ask her what your chances are. thats like in the movie dumb and dumber. When jim carrey asks that fine girl what his chances are and she says one in ten million. he still goes for it though. but just dont ask her that one friend.

Anonymous
    April 5, 2014 at 1:01 pm #50482

my friend just man up and ask her whats the worst thing she could say no that’s fine some times to win you got to lose but how about if she says yes .. you never know on till you find out but don’t tell her in a desperate way just be like you know what me and you have spend so much time together that Im starting to like you say that with confident and see what happens she might like you because you MANN up and told he

sunny
    Participant
    April 5, 2014 at 3:17 pm #50486

I think it’s good to be straightforward instead of beating the bushes. As a girl, it’s better to know then be confused.