Strange Relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Strange Relationship

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

randomdude8727
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 2:38 pm #80812
    Strange Relationship

Hello Y’all!

I have a dating question that I’d really appreciate some interpretation!

I met this girl at my part-time job. We worked together, so to avoid being rude I talked to her (I usually never talk to women casually like I did with her). Well after 3-4 months of knowing her, we added eachother on facebook. The very next morning, she wished me a good day. For the next few weeks, we chatted on facebook, and conversation initiating was about 50/50 (neither of us was starting the conversation more than the other). Then finally she suggests we hang out, I ask her on a date, and she enthusiastically accepts.

Date was good – we just had dinner. I should’ve planned more, but forgot (this was my first date). I suggested we see a movie sometime, and she agreed.

After date, I messaged her, she said she had a good time too. Again agreed to 2nd date. Didn’t initiate conversations, though did reply. She couldn’t fit in 2nd date

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS CHARACTER LIMIT?????

randomdude8727
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 2:43 pm #80813

Couldn’t fit in 2nd date before she left home for the summer.

She suggested we do it when she gets back – which is 3 months.

So… MY QUESTION – is this her way of subtly rejecting me? She did very clearly and repeatedly agree to second date, so if she wanted to reject me, I feel like I gave her plenty of opportunities. And she did suggest having the date when she got back, if she wanted to reject me she could have just said “sorry we couldn’t make it”. Is this truly just an issue created by scheduling (her flying back home for the summer and final exams) or is it some extremely roundabout, indirect, cruel way of rejecting me?

SilenceofGuilt
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 5:31 pm #80862

This is rather tricky. Some women, (not all mind you) have problems saying “no” as it comes off as the “end all” answer. They in truth don’t like to shoot us guys down as some of us can be total jerks about it. Others just can’t handle that level of guilt. Some women play things by tradition, they’ll not initiate conversation as it’s the “old school” courting process for guys to do all that. It shows us as strong “in control” types. But there is no universal list that sums all that up. Try keeping in touch with her and gauge how she responds. Does she take ages to return a message? Are her texts often short and lacking any real detail or consideration? All you can do is play it by ear. Either she’ll eventually cold shoulder you out through lack of communication, or she’ll keep things up and give you that date when she returns.