Stressed, he says he needs space.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dee1988
    Participant
    October 1, 2017 at 5:11 pm #151067

My boyfriend of six month whom I spend almost everyday with, told me a week ago that he wants some space. I haven’t initiated contact but he will text at least once a day. We have been fighting a lot lately because I felt he wasn’t as committed as I was. I feel like I’m being put on a shelf while he is out there testing the waters with other women. He didn’t put a time stamp on the amount of space he needs, and I’m so stressed. I don’t know what to do. I’m so scared he will come back and tell me it’s over. What should I do?

ladygirl
    ladygirl
    Participant
    October 2, 2017 at 12:52 pm #151126

Maybe he got bored

triciamint
    triciamint
    Participant
    October 3, 2017 at 10:01 pm #151358

If you really love, him, give him the space he is asking for. If it’s been a few weeks or a month, ask him if he needs more time. But be realistic and also give him an ultimatum. If after a month you feel things are just not working out, then better move on.

hazy_amy
    hazy_amy
    Participant
    October 4, 2017 at 2:51 am #151370

My boyfriend and I used to be like that, seeing each other every chance we could get, it actually developed really unhealthy habits in our relationship. So I say space is really good and if he’s requesting I suggest you respect his choice. It’s okay to check in with him in a day or so just to keep things dialed in, but it doesn’t need to be constant small talk about what each of you are doing. It’s actually really nice to step away from each other for a few then reconnect for a good hour or longer just talking about your guys’ day. If things continue any longer than you’re comfortable with then I suggest you let him know how you feel cause you respected his request for space now it’s time for him to pay it back by giving you an answer.

Taxationistheft
    Taxationistheft
    Participant
    October 4, 2017 at 9:36 am #151364

Space is a legitimate thing to ask for in a relationship, but it is NOT a pass to put you on ice while he tries his luck with other women. I would try to find out for sure if he is seeing other women, and if he is, you shouldn’t stand for it. I think there was a very famous Friends episode about this…