Strict girlfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Strict girlfriend?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 9:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

davidclay123
    davidclay123
    Participant
    August 23, 2017 at 4:38 am #146584
    Strict girlfriend?

Hi guys,
    My girlfriend and I have moved in together for just 3 months and I’m afraid that we’re not easy to live together. I’m a messy guy, I throw my stuff around. She gets annoyed. We had fights. I tried to change. And now she even controls my diet, my work-out routine, etc. Is she a control freak
    Is that a good thing for this relationship? I wonder what she’s gonna do next.

dmbvb
    Participant
    August 23, 2017 at 7:22 am #146586

Thats really bad.
    I think changing for a person you love is fine, but sometimes is dificult to convince the other part.
    You need to try to be more tidy and she needs to stop controlling so much.
    I mean, you both know what your “flaws” are, work on them, either to be happy together or just for self interest to improve as a person!
    🙂

Anonymous
    August 23, 2017 at 5:14 pm #146743

Only you can decide if she really makes you happy.

You indicate you both are stressed as things stand now. It’s not a matter of if it’s a good relationship or what she will do next. It’s a matter of “Is this relationship working for you? Are you happy? Do you feel it’s a strong enough relationship to pursue and work out the challenges.

Give it a thought and then use your own best judgement of how to proceed.

I hope this helps. Dave

ada3
    Participant
    August 23, 2017 at 11:29 pm #146772

Tell her how you’ve been feeling and that you find her to be a bit controlling, without using the word controlling. Be soft but straight forward.

kingtravel193
    Participant
    August 24, 2017 at 3:51 am #146776

Tell her how you feel

Maryland-raven
    Participant
    August 27, 2017 at 6:30 pm #147156

I would explain how you feel and take it from there. Look at her facial expressions when you explain yourself to her.

ButterflyHMW
    Participant
    August 27, 2017 at 10:17 pm #147163

GET OUT NOW

lukers3484
    Participant
    August 28, 2017 at 12:06 pm #147238

If you really like this girl, you need to be honest with her and talk to her in a nice sort of way

maizeandblue76
    Participant
    August 30, 2017 at 2:09 am #147486

I agree with other members here who have recently commented. I too was in a relationship of the same nature. I was with her for nearly 6 years and after the first year of our marriage she got more and more controlling. It got so bad that eventually neither one of us were happy, and the only reason I stuck around for as long as I did was because I’m a man who takes his vows seriously. I did everything I could think of to work on our problems. including counseling as a couple and individually, My point is that if you don’t communicate the problems you are both facing it will only get worse. I suggest telling her how you feel without attacking her and try to come up with ways to work around the problems. If she cares about you and wants the relationship to work she will listen to what you are feeling and if you both calmly and rationally discuss ways to fix the problem with understanding from both of you it can work. I wish the best for you and I hope everything works out!

ka07075
    ka07075
    Participant
    September 4, 2017 at 9:58 pm #148081
    Reply To: Strict girlfriend?

That’s no good at all! It’s fine to change for the one you love, but she sounds like a complete control freak and only gonna get worse. She’s eventually gonna tare you down and make you feel like you can’t do anything rite. I’d communicate your concerns with her now, before it gets way outta hand.