Stringing Me Along Or…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Stringing Me Along Or…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

YakkityYak
    YakkityYak
    Participant
    February 8, 2017 at 1:37 pm #126127
    Stringing Me Along Or…

I have been dating a girl I met in dance meetups for almost two months. We met dancing and have been having a great time. Progress has been slow but picking up. She paid for me for the first time two weeks ago and had me over for a light supper. All the positive signs are there except we haven’t kissed yet. Yeah guys don’t laugh she’s just slow and old fashioned from all I can tell. That’s what I’ve been told by her in not so many words. We have a seemingly great date planned for over a week now this weekend before V-Day. I am thinking kissable moment is coming and it’s now or this won’t fly ever so I am planning to make a move that night. She cancelled a dance meetup to go with me o this date so it all sounds great. But in the time between when we scheduled and now I saw online she scheduled more dance meetups without me or telling me. That tells me her emotions and thinking about me in the future are not there yet. Am I wasting time going on this date? Should I back out?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm #126165

ok sooo…. a few things going on here. so let’s dial it back.
    she was showing signs of interest. she may have gotten tired of waiting for you and now has moved on?

still this can be fixed. ask her out. (sounds like yo have a date for V-Day.. great!) don’t force the kiss.. just HAVE A GOOD TIME and the moment to kiss will create itself that you can then step in. then you’l know. by her reaction to your kiss.. you’ll know what’s going on.

AlexxA
    Participant
    February 8, 2017 at 6:09 pm #126194

Seems to me if she is scheduling more dance meetups with other people, then she is most likely looking for other men. As a passive “old fashioned” woman myself, she may have led you, but might have been waiting for you to take charge more? Girls, or at least I like that. I don’t know her, and can’t say for sure, but that could be it. You have two options to me….move on and meet other woman and forget her. If she’s doing that to you.

Or you could try one last chance with her. Plan an awesome date, that will impress her. Invite her. Hopefully she will say yes. Surprise her maybe? See if she bites. Hopefully if you are more proactive she may see you in a different more dominant light and be back all over you again. If she won’t even see you, then its probably over for her. Sorry to say. Hope it works out. Keep me posted.

YakkityYak
    YakkityYak
    Participant
    February 8, 2017 at 6:25 pm #126199

Well the scheduling dance meetups is a recent development. I think we are on last chance. To be quite honest I don’t feel she has given me a “kissable moment” until about a week ago and I did not take the opportunity then. That’s been my only mistake in not reading correctly or not taking charge.

So AlexxA sorry for the misunderstanding in my original post. After that last date when I missed the first real opportunity to kiss her (partly because I felt she was holding me off so long does she even want a kiss? :)) So when the moment came I was flatfooted surprised and did a tight hug instead (yeah wussy I know but just not sure until that moment). We already planned and have planned that date you mentioned over a week ago yesterday. We had to skip this last weekend because she had a legit family event and she wanst lying to me – her son was visiting for in town from like Thursday to Tuesday and I was talking to her regularly up to Thursday when I told her I would bow out to let

YakkityYak
    YakkityYak
    Participant
    February 9, 2017 at 8:39 am #126200

her have family time because you know the obsessive guy who can’t leave her alone when she wants space is a turn off too and she liked that I did that. I was okay until I saw her sign up for those future dance meetups. So I am going through with a pretty good date as Plan A on Saturday including the kiss planned to be delivered now and I know how and when for the most part. So we’ll see how she reacts. I talked to her just today and she is still talking about futue “get togethers with me”. I think you are right that the door is still open and not necessarily string along but now she is ready and waiting for me to make the move so I will. But if that kiss goes wrong or she is not open or receptive on the date I will friendship zone it and I’ve already made some tentative but very limited moves down the line to find other girls to hang with if needed. So her and I are both caught in maybe a little miscommunication – our ships are there still along side each other but moving quickly

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 10, 2017 at 4:39 pm #126527

Sorry, but a woman that doesn’t want to kiss you on a first date should get nexted.

It means she either has low-interest in you, or she has issues regarding intimacy. Both should be a deal breaker.

I suggest that you go on the nest date, and try to seal the deal. Might as well, now that you are invested. Make sure that it’s her that is the problem, and not you by making a real move.

If she fobs you off, dump her.

There really is no such thing as “being strung along” for a man. If you escalate, you’ll find out what you need to know.

Men string themselves along, IMO.

wazifaforhajatnow
    Participant
    February 11, 2017 at 1:53 am #126563

A real charm spell is a custom which is performed with a specific extreme goal to get a pined for change our lives. A honest to goodness charm spell can consolidate mantras, representations, herbs, candles, improvements, charms, and different particular contradictions or activities. A real charm spells are an approach to manage chat with and influence the otherworldly vitality that exists enveloping us. This same uncommon essentialness is the outline for the physical world . Molvi Azhar Ali
    molviazharali786@gmail.com
    contact us:+918302823003
    http://www.wazifaforhajat.com/

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 11, 2017 at 8:02 pm #126573

ok so let’s get something straight here.. it’s not up to the gal to “give you a kissable moment..” if that’s what you’re always waiting for you’re going to never kiss a girl or kiss them at teh wrong time – and in either case they will all leave you.

no.. you CREATE the mood early and make her enjoy the date SO MUCH… and hint at how you’d like to get closer and DO get closer by standing close to her, initiating contact, initiating intimate (but non-sexual) content, maybe even getting to slightly flirty/sexual contact —– you instigate it a little at time, read the response, keep moving forward if the responses tell you so,etc.

as i said earlier.. by the time you go for the kiss you need to ALREADY KNOW by how things have gone to that point that the kiss will be received and reciprocated. IF you don’t know that already – then you didn’t build it properly enough to earn the kiss. and if you try to kiss before you’ve earned the kiss – youll flop.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 11, 2017 at 8:03 pm #126574

“Make it the path of least resistance, and they will have no choice but to follow….”

you make the date so good and make her enjoy you so much.. that is the path of least resistance when it comes to how she sees you and what she wants to do with you. make it the path of least resistance that you’re going to kiss her later and show her why she will want that – and she will have no choice but to kiss you (and WANT to kiss you by then).

no more of this “she has to give me a kissable moment”.. sorry. you MAKE your moments. that’s how you succeed in this area. (in any area in life…)