Stuck at a crossroads here…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MarisiaKing
    MarisiaKing
    Participant
    April 12, 2016 at 12:07 am #97506

OK, so there’s this girl I met at the beginning of the semester that I eventually developed a crush on. I’m not exactly the best at talking, so I wrote her a letter and left it on her chair before class one day. It was typed out and anonymous. The next time I had that class, I left another note, handwritten, saying that if she wanted to talk, she could text me at my #. I also said she could text to say she wasn’t interested, and I wouldn’t hold a grudge. She never contacted me. A week later, I left another typed note, asking her to meet me at a coffee shop if she wanted, and I gave her three times to pick from, again saying that if the times didn’t work or she wasn’t interested to contact me and say so. She never contacted me, and she never showed for any of them. So I’m at a dilemma. Since I’m reasonably sure she isn’t interested in the letter-writer, and she doesn’t know I wrote them, should I try again in person? And if she does suspect me of being the writer, how do I do that?

whatisthismagic
    Participant
    April 13, 2016 at 10:28 am #97667

Totally try in person, girls dig confidence.

Beachlife001
    Beachlife001
    Participant
    April 13, 2016 at 5:33 pm #97717

Definitely go for in person. Confidence is amazing to a woman. At least in person you will get a set answer… Maybe she is just waiting to see if you will in person to see how interested you really are! Good luck 🙂

MarisiaKing
    MarisiaKing
    Participant
    April 14, 2016 at 1:32 pm #97812

Well, I tried. I asked ‘Do you have class at noon tomorrow?’ and gave her a BS excuse about my friends bailing on me so I needed someone to hang with. So then she apologized and said she already had plans with her boyfriend. Total curveball, since she’s never mentioned a boyfriend, she hangs out with a ton of guys a lot and I’ve never seen her alone with any one of them for long, and her Facebook has no mention of a boyfriend at ALL. No pics, no statuses, no weird comments from adults, nothing. And believe me, I checked thoroughly before even attempting a move on her to begin with. So unless this is some kind of test, which I doubt, this is my cue to back off. 🙁

Plainjane09
    Plainjane09
    Participant
    April 14, 2016 at 11:23 pm #97850

In person seems to be the best way to go.

ktrwcm2014
    Participant
    April 15, 2016 at 4:24 am #97858

yep like other ppl have said you should ask her in person.

April 15, 2016 at 3:41 pm #97950

Yeah, that’s your que. And don’t reveal you’re the note writer. Since she’s not into you she’ll just see it as creepy. However, if she were into you it would be totally romantic! Funny how that works.
    If you want her to be into you, stop pursuing her. Girls can’t stand it when they know a guy “was” into them and all of a sudden they just stopped.
    And always play it cool and be a gentleman. You’ll stand above the rest.

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 15, 2016 at 6:39 pm #97974

Most people hate not knowing what the person looks like so of course why would she want to meet someone that she doesn’t know? or know what they look like? You need to get the courage up and just ask her out.She would appreciate that more..