Stuck between moving on and letting go

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Forumgirl91
    Forumgirl91
    Participant
    August 26, 2017 at 4:17 am #147119

So here’s my story.
    I’ve known this man for 2 years. At first when we started seeing each other it was very casual, purely sexual relationship, though he never liked to call it FWB. I was way more invested than him so he ended it, few weeks alter he came back and said he wanted to give it another try. That was in 2016. I did not let him back in immediately, i was not sure if it was going to work so i told him to move on. Then i missed him terribly and contacted him months later…he was excited to hear from me so we started dating this time for real. He was more into me than before, I met his friends, he met my Mom, we talked about being exclusive, even thought about getting a place together, things were going well…but then we had an argument over something silly, and he stopped talking to me for 2 weeks. He came around eventually and we made up again. We recently had a misunderstanding again and he is gone now for 2 weeks again…I haven’t contacted him…What to do? I am in love…

WayFil
    Participant
    August 26, 2017 at 5:06 am #147121

In my opinion he seems very insecure in himself. If he runs away after every misunderstanding, do you really see yourself living with that for the rest of your life? I think you should leave him be if you want to know where he really stands. If he cares for you as much as you care for him, he’ll come back to you and apologise for disappearing. If not, then I just don’t think he’s worth the trouble…

Forumgirl91
    Forumgirl91
    Participant
    August 28, 2017 at 9:55 am #147135

Yes, i guess i knew i should leave him alone and not contact him deep inside, just wanted someone else to confirm it…It’s just i am in love with him and i tried to date other people but i always think about him and the experiences we had together…I wish he was a better communicator

sandilee
    Participant
    August 29, 2017 at 8:11 pm #147482

It is hard to have a relationship with someone that keeps taking off and if he leaves after a minor argument what will he do if something major happens.

maizeandblue76
    Participant
    August 30, 2017 at 2:19 am #147487

I think he is very insecure. Sounds like he can’t handle confrontations when it comes to disagreements or arguments. Both of you need to communicate and talk the problem out. I think you really need to contact him and talk to him about how you feel with out placing any blame on either of you. Explain to him that you want to meet up with him and discuss how you feel and have him do the same. If he is not willing to face the problem at hand at still keeps his distance then its not worth continuing. I would give it time and see what happens but don’t wait forever to contact him. Everyone deserves to be happy with the person they are with. Follow your heart and keep a clear and open mind. I wish you the best!!

cocoroe94
    Participant
    August 30, 2017 at 5:27 am #147497

Shoulds like my situation. Maybe move on

zoniet
    Participant
    August 30, 2017 at 11:53 am #147572

You have the strength to move on.

appleblue
    Participant
    August 31, 2017 at 2:40 am #147700
    Reply To: Stuck between moving on and letting go

Tough

DesireeKrystal
    Participant
    September 1, 2017 at 12:22 pm #147903

Greetings!
    I came across this post, and I wanted to give you a little insight on what is going on. So, you must remember, that a man’s brain is significantly different than a female’s brain. NEVER think negatively unless confirmed. Don’t be afraid of being heartbroken, because if it happens then it makes you stronger and if it doesn’t then he was meant for you. No matter how insecure a man is of himself, if that’s really the case, he will always go the extra mile for the woman he really cares about. If you really love him, give it your all. Being in love is precious, that’s why the words “I love you” should never lose their significance and like you pointed out, you can’t feel the same way with these other men. If you love him, wait for him to come to you, and if you lose feelings for him, that’s when you move on. Not when you still harbor these feelings.
    I wish you the best

Anonymous
    September 2, 2017 at 8:19 am #148009

its better to move on than to be in a relationship that full of struggles.

cchance11
    Participant
    September 2, 2017 at 5:46 pm #148040

You don’t necessarily need to move on. I’d suggest you have a calm talk to him when things are not mucky. Explain to him the impact it has on you when he leaves and does not communicate the problem. How are you suppose to be a team mate when you don’t even get to know the issue. Let him know ideally how you would rather handle these situations. Ask him if he could try it, let him see how well of a team you guys could be.