style over comfort

DATING ADVICE FORUM

style over comfort

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Catalyst68
    Catalyst68
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 9:06 pm #15846
    style over comfort

I don’t just mean what you wear.

I’ve seen a lot of people (women) twist this saying around to: Conform over Comfort.

Both are bad. Fashion/ style is a healthy way to represent yourself by being creative with what you own, flattering your body and showing a little bit about what’s inside-on the outside. Being too comfortable in your old ways has it’s downfall because it shows a repetitive action to something you may think needs no REaction. We all want something to react to, whether it’s fashion, our opinions, our behavior–it’s all a catalyst to something new and refreshing.

I’m mostly blabbing bc I see this with a lot of younger women my age and it petrifies me that they are the example to your girls who are looking up to them! We should represent a strong and humble youth, instead of conforming to what’s “comfy.”

Caroline
    Caroline
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 1:04 pm #16072

đŸ™„ You might be over thinking it. I understand what you mean but some people are just downright lazy! haha

CleoKnows
    CleoKnows
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm #16164

There’s nothing wrong with dressing comfortably. Laziness is something else entirely.

dumbGames
    dumbGames
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 10:25 am #16750

CleoKnows wrote:There’s nothing wrong with dressing comfortably. Laziness is something else entirely.

I agree, I’m not lazy when I get dressed but I definitely don’t care what other people think about what clothes I bought

pseudogf
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 3:28 pm #16830

That’s different, though. That’s confidence.

nikz1233
    Participant
    August 3, 2015 at 2:52 pm #83510

That’s different, though. That’s confidence.