Suddenly distant but not gone… help before its too late!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nowhereman
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 2:35 pm #75141

Ive been dating a girl in my social circle for a month. We started talking by text and I invited her to join me for a drink. We had a great 1st date – chatted for hours. On the 2nd date I made my move and by the 3rd we slept together. We had a 4th date that I thought went well. Yes, we slept together again. These dates were about once a week but we stayed in close contact by text. After the 4th date I invited her to do something the next day and she said “maybe”. I never did get a yes or a no and not wanting to be clingy, I didn’t ask again. I can tell the way she is talking has changed a fair amount and has not gone out of her way to text me like she had previously. I’ve since been trying to play it cool and not over-text – but have kept in touch with her. She has not (yet) flat out ignored me. Before this, we previously agreed to attend a friends social outing together which were still doing. I fear this may be a make or break evening. Thoughts on how I should play it moving forward?

thedude123
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 6:11 pm #75150

My take – be forward about it. It’s weird that she’s kind of avoiding you, and if you’ve slept together multiple times it’s not crazy for you to assume it is somewhat serious, and that you have the right to ask her what the deal is. I don’t think it’s “clingy” if a girl goes on multiple dates, sleeps with you and then starts brushing you off. You’ve got every right to be up front about it and ask her if she’s still interested. If she’s still interested in you, she’ll be happy you were confident and forward about it, and that you are still interested in her. If she’s not, then at the very least you know now, and you’re not wasting your time anymore.

That’s my two cents. Good luck.