SUDDENLY DUMPED! Was he bored with me? Was it parents? Was he not ready?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Spelunker11
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 7:11 pm #71816

We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year. We’re about 17. His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn’t ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends. I said I couldn’t, and neither one of us has initiated contact since. I was his first gf and he hasn’t dated since. He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn’t see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention). Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
    I was recovering from surgery… so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though. He LOVES his parents– they didn’t want him to date. What mainly caused this?

Expat
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 3:21 am #71908

You said you were his first gf, and I think that’s a big part of what it was. Guys who are in high school, often have no idea what they want in a girl. Their first gf is usually a learning experience, and for the first few months they’re just really happy that a girl is willing the be with them and date them. It goes great for some months, until suddenly he realizes that you’re not really what he wanted. I don’t think it was his parents, as high schoolers don’t really seem to listen to their parents much. I do think his feelings changed after the initial newness of the relationship wore off.

I had my first gf when I was a bit younger than 17, but it kind of happened to me. I started dating a girl who I was really into for the first few months, but later I started to realize she wasn’t the one for me. I had feelings for one of my best friends, and even though my girlfriend had helped me forget about her for time, the feelings came back.

High school love is pretty lame, imo.

January 28, 2015 at 7:21 am #72024

give him time …he will come back if he really likes you