Super Confusing Situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:42 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

susiewhatup
    Participant
    May 5, 2016 at 9:23 pm #99884

So this is hard to keep short, but i’ll try. Just started dating a friend of 10 years, 5 months ago. Things have been going seemingly great. Then Friday night she started worrying and saying she felt like she didn’t have enough time for me and that she couldn’t give me all she wanted and she felt bad about it. Saturday we talked again and after a ridiculously long conversation she said, I don’t have time to date. So that was a conversation ender. We talked again on Sunday and basically came to the same ending though I offered to step it up a little and be there for her more (making dinner for her and her girls, helping teach her girls to drive) she said she would take me up on in after this crazy week she has this week. So we left it at that and had minimal contact for the next 2 days. Then last night she called asking if she could bring me something she had gotten for me saturday (before she told me she didn’t have time to date) I told her I loved her, and that I was here and

susiewhatup
    Participant
    May 5, 2016 at 9:26 pm #99885

wanted to be with her in a deeper way. That I was ready to commit and build a life with her. I told her that it didn’t have to be black and white right now, that she could just take the space she needed. We kissed a little bit and held hands, and her response was, this is just one point in time. I asked if that was a no, and she said, I thought you said it didn’t have to be black and white right now. So I walked her to her car and gave her a big hug and told her I wasn’t not calling her because I didn’t want to, just I wanted to give her space. She said she knew that and she said she just thought it was best for everybody if we didn’t talk everyday.

What is happening? Are we done? Should I move on?

lost2016
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 6:12 pm #100963

This sounds amazingly hard for you susiewhatup. I feel for ya! It sounds like you two both have something really great. I’m betting she’s scared to ruin your friendship with ‘deeper’ emotions. Is she out? I stringly believe timing is evrything in this life so maybe she just needs a little bit of time? If you honestly feel that deeply towards her and can’t see yourself being able to date other people then I would wait for her. Sometimes people just need a little time and perspective to realise the important stuff!