Surprise her after 1 date?

Author
    Comments

• Pickslide
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 4:49 am #136509
    Surprise her after 1 date?

Hi,

I feel like I’m being a bit weird to be honest! But also have a very strong urge… and I’ve never considered doing this before…

But I’m not some loser that’s been single forever. I’m a confident guy. I have two exes. I’m 32, from Manchester, UK.

So… quite recently, I got back into online dating after breaking up with one of those exes. I have gotten quite a lot of phone numbers, and have been texting these girls. But theres one girl in particular…

Since I got her number, she texted me every day for 4/5 weeks! It was almost always her who would initiate the texting. Sometimes multiple times a day. We’d text for hours sometimes! And I really enjoyed it. She had me in stitches a lot! And at the same time, I feel like she ‘gets’ me and my humour.

We had one date after about 2 weeks. That date went really well. We kissed a couple of times too, were holding hands, etc……

In the past week… she stopped texting (apart from 1/2 days where I initiated it)……

Pickslide
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 4:55 am #136510

Then out of the blue the day, in the morning, I had a text that read “I’ve got to be honest with you. I’ve been on a couple of dates with someone closer to home. I imagine I’ll be seeing him again too. Im sorry”.

She’s from Bradford, near Leeds, so there is some distance.

We texted more. I asked her to be honest with me, I can handle it if she likes the other guy more… she said its just cus of the distance! We had been trying to arrange a date on a weekend for a while but its been hard cus shes a single mum with no help from the dad.

I said, if it was going to go anywhere, I could get there atleast once a week, minimum. I don’t consider it that far. All my friends live an equal distance away.

I want to stress… this girl feels really special! Theres something different about her! I know this is probably a bit weird, considering we’ve only been on 1 date, but thats how I feel.

I said can I come up in a couple of days time. She said she didn’t think its a good idea….

Pickslide
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 4:58 am #136511

So the thing I’m considering doing is….

Should I do something romantic to show I could make it work with the distance? Specifically… I was thinking about going and showing up with a bunch of flowers or something?

I feel like I want to try something, and not give up, because like I said… theres something different about her. I think about her all the time! (probably cus she’s texted every single day!).

I did mention I had gotten a lot of numbers, and to be honest, I find the majority of those girls boring. And when one of them has wanted to stop talking… I haven’t been bothered! But this one is bothering me a lot :/

Would appreciate any advice! Thanks.

BrandonCodi
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 10:56 am #136548

You hung out with her a lot and she obviously has not lost all those feeling for you. personally I would call and tell her all the stuff you just told us she would find most of it really sweet, long as the intent is to be serious with this girl. But talk on the phone because you want to be able to communicate emotions through tone of voice etc. Don’t come across as needy but it does not sound like you are making that mistake. I would just call tell her you care why you care and try and get another date.

BrandonCodi
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 10:58 am #136550

Do flowers on the date if you need to I don’t even recommend that to be honest but DO NOT drop flowers off at her door that is a mistake.

Pickslide
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 1:46 pm #136599

Nevermind… I’m not going to do this… I had the thought and instantly posted it on here! But now I’ve thought about it… its pretty weird isnt it!!

But okay… going to call her tonight. Thanks.

rkeane
    Participant
    May 17, 2017 at 12:17 pm #136758

Do flowers on the date if you need to I don’t even recommend that to be honest but DO NOT drop flowers off at her door that is a mistake.

thatoneguy123
    Participant
    May 19, 2017 at 4:34 pm #137003

Dating long distance is complicated especially when you want to be able to see someone whenever you want. Someone who lives far takes a lot of planning and time

thatoneguy123
    Participant
    May 19, 2017 at 4:40 pm #137009

Long distance is a hard thing. Especially if someone wants to be available for someone at anytime

JBennet
    Participant
    May 22, 2017 at 9:56 am #137189
    Reply To: Surprise her after 1 date?

Agreed with the, long distance is hard. But deep down women love a romantic.

JBennet
    Participant
    May 22, 2017 at 9:57 am #137190
    Reply To: Surprise her after 1 date?

The flowers idea is very good – flowers, dinner, walk. Don’t go into it with a plan to get her into bed. Try and find out if you like her company first. If that works, it’ll all follow.