Take the chance at long distance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Aquaticus
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 5:22 pm #155122

Ok. I’m new to this site, so bear with me.

My last relationship has left me with a bitter taste towards long-distance relationships yet the girl I like lives in a different state. This girl went to high school with me 6 years ago. Around the time I started developing feelings for her I found out that she was moving to Colorado and decided not to pursue her. She and I chat occasionally and we are always interested in each others lives. Personally I think it’s cause she works at an aquarium and I plan on working with marine conservation organizations. The latest topic was scuba diving since she got her certification over the summer and I have been certified for 4 years now. We talk about where we would go diving and whenever I bring up her coming down to the coast for some diving she is definitely interested. My question is if it is worth taking the chance and seeing if she is interested in me, even though I’m not fond of long distance? Sorry if this isn’t enough info to go off of.

sandeep87
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 12:06 am #155139

well the times we live, distance is not a problem. Once its confirmed that you and she are having interests on each other. One can move to the state other is living. so i guess you should just think about to tell her your feelings and knowing her’s

sikkiness
    Participant
    November 6, 2017 at 6:40 pm #155324

if you like eachother, distance should not be a very big problem

Vile
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 6:09 pm #155493

You can visit often and call her everyday

Vile
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 6:15 pm #155494

Call her everyday and visit twice a year and you’ll be fine.

costarica
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 9:27 pm #155503

Distance is not matter if you really interested with her you will do some effort.

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    November 9, 2017 at 11:09 am #155716

I agree with the others. Honestly, I believe that long distance relationships can work if both persons are interested equally in each other and trust and respect each other. It’s also a must to be able to communicate with each other extensively during this period. However, you should only consider entering a long distance relationship IF YOU ACTUALLY SEE A FUTURE WITH HER, if not, it’s not worth it. I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

JohnWhite87
    Participant
    November 9, 2017 at 11:21 am #155730

Yeah bro, you should defiantly take that chance you guys have a decent friendship and you both seem very interested. Go ahead and plan that visit for her and see where you guys goals for a relationship line up. Sounds like that’s what you’re aiming for anyway.

vanessa
    vanessa
    Participant
    November 10, 2017 at 12:37 am #155839

long distance scares me

juliejones
    Participant
    November 12, 2017 at 7:12 am #155912
    Reply To: Take the chance at long distance?

I agree that you should try and see where the relationship goes before starting to worry about a long distance relationship. If you do start a relationship and both want it to continue then distance really shouldn’t be a problem. You can speak and video call very day if you feel the need to and if it starts to get very serious only then think about whether either one of you should move. At the moment you are worrying about things before they have happened.

Ask her if she wants a relationship with you and see how it goes from there. I understand long distance relationship can be taxing and potentially there are bigger trust issues as you don’t see the person on a regular basis, but these are things you don’t need to worry about at the start of the relationship. Just take her on a diving trip and see what happens.

handsomeguy
    Participant
    November 12, 2017 at 11:33 pm #155952

its not easy to be in a long distance..

armadroth
    Participant
    November 13, 2017 at 9:36 pm #156196

I say why not, never know what could happen. Better to try it and find out then be left wondering what could’ve been.

guseri
    Participant
    November 14, 2017 at 8:39 am #156207

Im currently in a long distance Europe – Canada, two years next month, try it out! the key is always honest and open communication, as any lasting relationship.

Louis Richards
    Participant
    November 14, 2017 at 3:47 pm #156369

I have been in your place and LDR are hard!! you guys need to trust in each other and be serious about it