Taking forever to text back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

humbleXiang
    humbleXiang
    Participant
    August 8, 2014 at 11:56 pm #59085

Hey everyone,
    So there is this girl I really like and based on our interactions she seems to like me as well. Anyways, when I text her she always teaks forever to respond and when she does it is at the weirdest hours. For example: I’ll send her a message asking if she wants to go for a morning jog, or get lunch and she will ‘read’ the message within an hour of receiving. However, she generally doesn’t respond back until midnight that night or sometimes early morning like 4:00. I am worried that she may be responding back at inconvenient times to avoid having a texting conversation with me. Is it a signal that she doesn’t want to have conversations with me via text? Or do most girls simply take forever to text back? Should I ask her about it (in person of course)?

Thanks for any help!

kcmay
    Participant
    August 9, 2014 at 10:06 pm #59103

Personally speaking, if I’m involved with a guy i really like I respond to msgs immediately, given I’m not busy at work or in class. If there’s someone I’m trying to avoid I do see the msg and reply whenever (and sometimes just forget). So I would say she is probably not that into you.

However, I have friends that work odd hours… I’ll text them in the day and I wont get a reply until 4am and stuff…but they usually apologize/explain why their msg was so late.

At the end of the day it won’t hurt to just ask her.
    Good luck hun!

Amethyst
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 1:44 pm #59110

I would say she may be busy with other things.
    But also if it continues and you aren’t getting satisfactory responses take a break from sending messages and try back later.

emilio
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 6:27 pm #59116

When i text the girl im going out with she tells me im at work o busy text me in an hour o lunch time so she probaly is busy dont freak out do some stuff to keep ur self busy she will answer in time

AWill718
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 8:41 pm #59118

Not the best situation to be in. If you like someone when they text you your going make sure you text them timely. No one is ever is to busy to make sure they contact you if they are into you. I work 50 hours at work some weeks and I will surely make sure I text back a girl I like if she texts me

Anonymous
    August 11, 2014 at 9:12 am #59104

It could be her mobile provider. Instead of wondering, just ask her nicely and calmly. You may be surprised by her response!

jet8419
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 9:16 pm #59221

Has she tried to continue the conversation with questions when she texted back? To be honest, as a girl, if I’m interested in a guy, I would usually text back pretty quickly unless I’m really busy.