Talking to Someone After Knowing Them for a Year and a Half.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

XanderXV
    XanderXV
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 12:07 pm #102153

So I like this girl. She’s very shy, and my friends are all in her friend group (well, like, 5/8 of them). I’ve known her for a year and a half and have talked to her twice. I just find it hard to approach her right now.
    What makes things harder is that everyone in her friend group, her included, knows about this whole crush thing. I guess I’ve been too obvious.
    And I don’t want to immediately start going on dates with her. I want to be her friend first, for at least a while, before I get into things. I don’t want to rush me or her, and defnitely don’t want to make her feel uncomfortable. I’m almost certain she fancies me back, but I don’t want things to be so incredibly awkward between us.

I’ve thought of maybe just hanging around her and finding a way to slip myself into the conversation. My friends could definitely help me in the whole endeavor, so I just need a way to casually approach her.

Once I can start a conversation, I can keep it up for as long as I need.

XanderXV
    XanderXV
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 12:10 pm #102154

Oh and yes, I’m a school student. High-school, midway through year 8. Couldn’t fit that in because of word limit restraints.

kaze
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 6:31 pm #102167

If you have a lot of mutual friends why not just all get together for something like bowling or a beach day, you should be able to find some time in a situation like that to have some one on one conversation with her, and if it seems good maybe suggest grabbing ice cream just the two of you sometime or something.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 4, 2016 at 7:39 pm #102173

agree with above, should work. Goodluck and thank you for the answer

XanderXV
    XanderXV
    Participant
    June 6, 2016 at 10:11 am #102178

Thank you @kaze and @lilyvalley. I’ll try that whole, mutual gathering thing. 😀

rlarson87
    Participant
    June 7, 2016 at 9:54 am #102342

Good point @kaze