DATING ADVICE FORUM

Teammate Blatantly throwing herself at me

Author
    Comments

• oheyyou
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 3:28 am #117322
    Teammate Blatantly throwing herself at me

There is a girl on the same collegiate team as me dropping serious hints about wanting to hook up. She has made comments towards me such as suggesting we “make out to see if good kisser”, or asking for an unnecessary ride home on my motorcycle, finding reasons to make eye contact and hop into conversation with me, etc…Here’s the thing, I’m not the type of guy to just have a fling with a girl (the majority of my encounters with the opposite sex have been one time flings, so I’m pretty fed up with that life style), and she just went through a pretty bad break up. I don’t know much about this girl, but she seems sweet enough and is pretty attractive. So instead of giving into my baser instincts and taking advantage of the situation, I’m considering asking her out on a genuine date. I figured I’d be honest about what I have noticed (the hints, break up and what not), and suggest I take her out on a nice date with no motive other than to show her a good time.

oheyyou
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 3:35 am #117323

(Continued). Should I do it? Even though I’m just trying to be a nice guy, and would otherwise leave her alone? At this point I wither reject her advances, hook up with her, or be a gentleman, and treat her to a night to get to know her. I’ve made a point to be respectful to my female teammates, and never cross any lines (other members have but that’s not my style). Can asking her out and being kind be as harmless as I think it is? Or should I just reject her because I don’t know if we would be compatible? We’re both water skiiers and I think the water ski team is a refuge for her, because it definitely is for me. But I think she really needs a guy to show her what it means to be a gentleman, even if it isn’t a love connection, given how rough her break up has been. So is this potential date as harmless as I think it is? Or should I just steer clear?