Texting

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Texting

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DKing3
    Participant
    March 21, 2015 at 10:31 pm #75789
    Texting

So I am talking to this girl and we text a lot. She texts me first a lot too so it is just not me constantly being the one to text first. But she will text first like a good morning, or hi whats up, then as we get to talking she responds with short replies and does not seem to converse even when it seems like she wants to text. I will even say, hey I can let you go and text you later on, and she says no that she wants to text. I mean there is sometimes where she does actually converse and have things to say and asks questions, but it can be a bit annoying trying to carry the conversation sometimes. Any one else experience this or think they know how they would handle it?

johnpike83
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 4:24 pm #75835

In my opinion she may be trying to keep her value higher than yours in the texting relationship. Needyness kills attraction. The very fact that she texts you first thing in the morning means that she is thinking about you. People don’t text people they don’t like. Try to be very positive in your texts and let her know what an awesome time your having – even if you’re filing your tax returns – but be polite always. Good luck

andres0101
    Participant
    April 4, 2015 at 8:00 pm #76691

Look man, the fact that she is texting you first sometimes is a very good sign, because no one texts someone who they don’t want to talk to. Now, I know from experience that it is very hard to tell if a girl really likes you over text because you can’t see her real reaction, emotions, tones of voice, etc towards your words. Continue to text her but if you haven’t done it already ask her out somewhere if want something to happen between you and her. texting is fun but that is all it is.

cjhasfallen
    cjhasfallen
    Participant
    April 5, 2015 at 3:45 am #76697

Stop texting her

alivepod
    Participant
    April 5, 2015 at 11:59 am #76700

I did that… it sucks because you dont really know if she is just answering sometimes or what. Let me tell you something STAPH! texting for long hours will make your date suck… because you won’t have anything to talk about, and the pauses will be very uncomfortable. Try to back off from text coversations little by litte, til you have only covos that are relevant and fast.. hello, how u doing, stuff like that. pretend you care, but you are busy.. and if she wants to talk to you, she will have to wait, til she meets you, which creates that need, to see you, if she can’t reach you easily, like a damn text.