Texting guy advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Texting guy advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jennarose613
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 1:30 pm #93709
    Texting guy advice

I am currently talking to this guy, through text.
    We know each other pretty well in person too.
    We live in different cities and we have been talking constantly for about 2 months. We really connect and he is moving closer for work soon. And we have discussed starting to see each other once he moves here.

My question is, what do I do if his tone has somewhat changed (I know you can’t always tell through text, but we’ve been talking long enough that I can tell, just trust me.) It’s been like this for about a week now, and I feel that our conversations aren’t flowing as well as they were, they just feel forced now.

jennarose613
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 1:33 pm #93710

CONTINUED:

Also, he has been taking longer to respond and his responses are a lot shorter.
    There hasn’t been even a span of 5 hours in the last 2 months that we haven’t talked.
    So what should I do? Should I back off for a bit, let him come to me?
    I don’t want to keep trying and making it seem like I’m trying too hard.
    Should I ignore his texts for a day??
    Maybe he needs space?
    Or should I just ask him about it?? We have amazing conversation, we have already discussed our intentions and I feel comfortable asking him, I just don’t want to look like I am over thinking everything (which could be a possibility)

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 17, 2016 at 8:53 pm #93821

Do you guys still meet in person? Personally I think it is pointless just communicating by text when you seldom meet. He is probably meeting other girls in person. Just wait for him to text you.

Tet11
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 7:37 am #93833

I would back off. The easiest way to get someone’s attention is to give them none of yours. That way you see if he’s interested. You also see if he wants power in the relationship by making you come to him each time.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 10:32 am #93846

In my personal experience, I usually reduce conversations with a long distance interest if something local becomes available. It’s a way of making myself not feel like I’m leading someone on without completely ending discussions which could hurt feelings as well.

unicorns
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 4:06 pm #93879

Personally i suggest to let him come to you, lay back the effort a little bit let him chase you.
    you’ll see then if he really is serious , if he does chase you back then it’s serious if not, you might want to think about it again

teo.xara
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 7:58 pm #93912

Just wait for him to text you.

lancerblack
    Participant
    February 25, 2016 at 5:35 am #94362

Back off and wait for him

February 25, 2016 at 10:13 pm #94467

Long distant relationship hardly works.and because you guys live in different cities you don’t know what his up to. His tone probably changed because he has a new girlfriend now. You just just confront him.

boud0131
    Participant
    February 26, 2016 at 4:05 pm #94530
    Reply To: Texting guy advice

wait

DopeFreshness
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 9:02 am #94540

Wait it out, see what happens but don’t force the issue

teamscon
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 5:07 pm #94996

Wait it out and be a mirror to his text. If he waits 5hrs, u wait 5hrs. If he types a paragraph, u do the same but a little less. You guys probably don’t have tons to text about and the general rule is: only text to make plans or just a quick hi. You’ve just gotta take this with a grain of salt and realise some people are more passive then others. Best of luck to you 🙂 FYI I’d text my gf all day … She waits awhile so I have to be a mirror. Experienced in this Dept haha