Texting issues with my boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lovingagain
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 4:06 pm #145788

I’ve been seeing a guy who’s never been married but I have. He is really sweet and has been really awkward and is still shy about kissing me. He confessed that he’s crazy about me and falling for me and has told his friends about me, but he only contacts me every other day with a brief text but mostly a brief call to see how I am. He sent a text to say hi and when I responded I wished him a good day and said I missed him since we are over an hour away from each other and only see each other once or twice as week. Should I be bothered by his not responding to that. He’s only expressed interest in me since we’ve met and is very careful with boundaries but that confuses me.When we first started going out be confessed he’s bad with the phone so he has been told and I’ve noticed he’s not on it like most and shows very little attention to it other than for work on occasion. I’m a widow from a happy 20 year marriage and I haven’t been on this end in a long time.

organs
    organs
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 6:45 pm #145822

I’m no expert, but this is one of the reasons I hate dating. I’ve been both too sparse and too frequent with my texts.

The thing is, everyone’s different. One person might like a few texts at most per week and another might want a hundred texts before lunch. I tend to start fairly sparse with my texts because I’m still trying to gauge how the girl responds, but it gets tricky because if I go overboard, then I’ve annoyed her. And that’s ended more than one dating prospect.

My opinion is to relax and maybe text him a little more often, if only to show that you don’t mind some extra frequency.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by organs organs. Reason: redundancy

Lovingagain
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 11:43 pm #145829

Thank you for your response. I’ll definitely try that and see how it goes. It’s all so different today and frustrating 🙂

albridge
    albridge
    Participant
    August 17, 2017 at 3:42 am #145833

People are indeed different and what works for one person may not work for another as far as texting, calling and frequency of communicating or reaching out to your romantic interest may be.

That said, i feel there’s too little communication going on here and as far as i am concerned communication is the life blood of any relationship. If you ask me, no communication means no relationship and a relationship is as good as the quality of the communication.

Guess you should give it a little more time and talk about it if things don’t change. If after talking things still don’t change then you have to decided if this is good enough for you.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by albridge albridge.
    Artemisia
    Artemisia
    Participant
    August 17, 2017 at 2:50 pm #145905

How is he when you meet in person?

ladygirl
    ladygirl
    Participant
    August 17, 2017 at 4:49 pm #145950

I’m no expert, but this is one of the reasons I hate dating. I’ve been both too sparse and too frequent with my texts.

The thing is, everyone’s different. One person might like a few texts at most per week and another might want a hundred texts before lunch. I tend to start fairly sparse with my texts because I’m still trying to gauge how the girl responds, but it gets tricky because if I go overboard, then I’ve annoyed her. And that’s ended more than one dating prospect.

My opinion is to relax and maybe text him a little more often, if only to show that you don’t mind some extra frequency.

Exactly!

Lovingagain
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 9:08 am #145967

He is very sweet and we have a nice time together. He is still a bit shy especially at the goodnight part but be tries to make sure he’s sees me and to make sure we spend time together since we are a long distance from each other. He’s even just come by just to say hi and bring me a gift while passing through my town.