Texting with a guy I just met

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lalisa
    Lalisa
    Participant
    November 21, 2017 at 7:18 pm #157145

Hey!! Well it happens that I work in a store mall as a cashier, and I met a really cute guy, we had a conversation and he was really nice and sweet, and he gave me his phone number. I texted him the next day, and he replied back. We’ve been talking for 3 days, but since the first day I texted him, he takes almost 4 hours to reply back; yesterday when he got off form working we had a fluid conversation, but after that he was replying me back after 2 hours. I always rake like 10 min to reply him back or rlI reply inmediately. Do you guys think I should take the same time he takes to reply me back, to reply him back? And Do you guys think his interested? Or should I just move on? Why does he takes so long to reply me back? I know he works for a company and maybe his bussy. I don’t know. Please help me!!! I don’t have a lot of experience dating. Thanks!!!!

WTG
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 12:36 pm #157219

Well I don’t know how useful my experience is. I lasted dated in High School seven years ago and only started again recently, but as a guy I’ll just say if he really likes you he’ll agonize over the wait for the next text which is a good thing for you. The longer you make him wait the better it will feel when he gets a text back. Waiting the same amount of time it takes him to reply back isn’t always a bad idea, and waiting even longer isn’t bad either, I’d do that every once in a while to get him thinking, but I also wouldn’t do it all the time if you don’t want the conversation to take forever and waiting too long he might assume disinterest and move on. Try waiting a whole day to text him back maybe. Try and figure out and be mindful of his schedule. The girl I’ve been interested is busy till 9:30 PM on most weekdays and I don’t usually text her those days. On Friday she always gets back with me at around 7:20. So I assume she just got off work and don’t wait as long to text back.

Lalisa
    Lalisa
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 1:44 pm #157229

Well thank you for ypur advice!!! I’ll try to do that.
    Update: I texted him yesterday monrning and he reply me back today morning saying sorry for not replying me back till today because was yesterday was a long day at work for him and that he couldn’t reply back to me early. Should I reply him back till tomorrow or even waiting longer to reply him back?

JessicaJenks
    Participant
    November 24, 2017 at 7:13 pm #157326

I am notorious for not replying to texts for hours…and it has nothing to do with not wanting to chat. I am super busy during the week and often only have time to reply every few hours. I agree with previous post-maybe wait and let him initiate contact next time.