DATING ADVICE FORUM

Texting with Girl?

Author
    Comments

• tommybev
    Participant
    October 30, 2016 at 9:41 am #115776
    Texting with Girl?

So bit of back story, I just moved back home from overseas after four years of studying. I caught up with her every now and then when i came back for holidays, all of the time she knew i was interested in her. Then when i moved back we caught twice, then a few weeks ago we went out to pub got a bit drunk we then went to a club and we made out a bit i asked her out and she said yes. Two weeks ago we went on our first date to dinner and we have a second to a city rooftop cinema in three days time. Now the problem is that we only ever really text to organise when to see each other next and thats about it, whenever i text with anything the response is normally a few hours or the next day and is really short and to the point, she never initiates conversations over text. On our last date she did mention what we could do for other dates and talked about driving away for a holiday with friends over new year. Also she is a shy and introverted girl.

Help me what should i do regarding texting

Avalanche
    Participant
    November 5, 2016 at 5:22 pm #116486

Dude, I have almost the same issue. The girl I am dating with, would never messege me first, rarely initiates conversations, and sometimes she does not even ask me back, if I ask her something. Mostly she responds with a couple of words only.
    Should you worry? Definitely not, so relax 😀
    You know why? You are seeing each other, having dates, spending time together and this is what matters. Fuck the social medias and the text messeges, the main thing is what you do and say in person and how she reacts to that. She likes you, otherwise she would not be meeting you that many times.
    Girls are very complicated, some would write you every day, others are too shy to even message you once. Dont worry, spend more and more time with her in person. And talk to her, instead of texting.

NaomiK
    Participant
    November 6, 2016 at 9:25 am #116500

Hey I think this might help: call her or text her saying that you’re happy you have met her and that she makes u smile. Say that you really want to know more about her and get to know her a little bit more so ask her when she has time to talk with you a bit.
    Then, start asking questions about what she likes, show interest and tell her about your hobbies and passions too 🙂

tommybev
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 8:37 am #116686

ok so had the nice date, yesterday texted “hey you free this weekend for a picnic”, she a day later texted, “hey sorry ive overloaded myself this weekend and cant fit anything else in”

I really do wanna go on another date with this girl, and am a bit worried she didnt offer an alternative time, how/what/when should i reply and what should i say.

eleanorjane
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 10:40 am #116715

In my opinion, it’s almost better that you don’t text as much because you can have more meaningful conversations when you’re together. And you anticipate your dates more

Mustafa564
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 12:29 pm #116732

just make it simple and flirty.

colton191
    Participant
    November 8, 2016 at 12:31 pm #116734

It could be she just got used to you texting first, you could bring it up next time you hang out, but like fun at it instead of making it a serious conversation. Just joke about how you text first all the time and she’ll catch on she should text you first in a lighthearted way. Other than that sounds like things are going great and there’s no reason to worry.