DATING ADVICE FORUM

The boy on the bus

Author
    Comments

• thegreatestview
    Participant
    September 17, 2016 at 11:00 pm #111750
    The boy on the bus

I’ve been catching the bus with this guy every day for over 1 year. At first, I could tell he was shy – arms crossed, looking at the floor etc. he’s not the type I’m usually interested in but there’s something about him. He’s started to relax but he’s difficult to read. I want to say hi but he makes me nervous.

We have exchanged glances from afar but sometimes I see him look away and smile/giggle to himself. if I’m talking to a friend, his eyes don’t leave my face. There are other times were we have been standing close & the eye contact is intense. Every time this happens, I look away. I don’t mean to, it’s just the nerves. I know I’m supposed to smile but I freak out. There was one time when the bus was so full we were standing almost shoulder to shoulder. He kept turning to look at me but he started breathing real fast. I wasn’t sure if I made him uncomfortable in a good or bad way.

thegreatestview
    Participant
    September 17, 2016 at 11:00 pm #111751

We have also crossed paths during lunch. Again, my nerves let me down & I freeze up. My friends think it’s hilarious because I could just stop mid-way through a sentence until he walked by.

I’ve never made the first move & I would only do it if I was at least 95% sure I had a chance. I mean, last week I caught him watching me but he looked angry/disappointed.

What do I do? Does it sound like he’s interested? Any insights from shy guys would help a lot!

patrikkk
    Participant
    September 18, 2016 at 12:06 pm #111766

Do first move at least you will know how it is. Start some neutral convo. If he is not attracted to you nothing happens. A lot of other guys outside there:) Keep smiling.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    September 19, 2016 at 3:31 pm #111848

GO GET IT! Yea most people think the man is supposed to make the move but why dont you? take a chance do it. The guy will love it. I would love it. And if eye contact or stares happen often then the chances that he will be happy are high. Take a chance, make the move!

josephddiazz
    Participant
    September 19, 2016 at 3:34 pm #111849

“hey, we’re always here together. Where do you go? Then eventually ask for coffee”