The date was great, now she ignores me? Need some help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 8:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

snowman1991
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 11:05 am #61785

I hope you girls can help me because I really like this girl and need some help as I have no clue what is going on..

I’ve been chatting with a girl (19) for about two months. Great convos, she kept asking about relationship etc.. On Sunday we finally met. Date was great, lasted 5 hours, at the end she asked me in such a nice way if I have time next weekend to see her again and gave me the biggest hug I ever get. I also leaned in and gave her a small kiss. I guess she was kinda shy because she just stood there not moving. Though I get a smile.

I texted her twice since then and got no answer. I don’t know what to do? I don’t think kiss ruined something neither do I think she doesn’t like me because she said if she can see me again. There was not a single sign her not liking me. Is it possible that she is so shy or embarrassed or thinks I’m to good for her that she would rather hide somewhere?
    Or is she playing hard to get now?

It makes no sense at all..

Thanks a lot!

janis7244
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 12:50 pm #61790

I would say that either she was just being nice to you – suggesting a date the following weekend. 🙁 Probably, she thought you were sweet and nice and didn’t want to hurt your feelings. It’s also possible that she was genuine in her suggestion but maybe she didn’t feel a spark when you kissed her. If she hasn’t responded to your texts and you really like her, try calling once. Perhaps there is something wrong with her phone and she hasn’t received your messages? It can’t hurt.

snowman1991
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 1:09 pm #61797

Why would she suggest another date, this really makes no sense. She could be quiet and wait for my move. It’s the weirdest thing for me to ask for another date and then ignore the person.

I called already on Monday, she didn’t pick up. I’m sending my last message this weekend because I really want to know what is going on. If she doesn’t like me I would rather hear it. I hate living in doubts. There is no reason for her ignoring me. She told me how good I am, how I understand her, how I accept her, how we are kinda the same etc, heck she even said where could we go for Christmas and stuff..

douchebagneedshelp
    douchebagneedshelp
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 4:36 pm #62073

Some people are just not sure what they want and in their niceness (not necessarily a good thing) they come off wanting things they do not. When two people meet its always hard to know what really happened based on their accounts, so many things can be mistakenly interpreted or conveyed. Speaking from my own experience as a girl going on dates, I have had a great time with people but then afterwards realized it wasn’t a hundred % or something Id wanna move forward with. I have also had it happen that the guy already on the first date starts talking about where to go next and I either because I haven’t decided yet or because I don’t want to make it awkward have kinda nodded along or neither said yes or no.
    If she didn’t pick up after you called she probably doesn’t want to see you again or at least not they way you want to.

douchebagneedshelp
    douchebagneedshelp
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 4:37 pm #62074

Totally understand how annoying it is do be in doubt so I would just text her telling her straight out that you just want her to be honest so if she doesn’t want to see you again thats totally cool but could she just give you a final response

snowman1991
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 5:27 pm #62077

It’s super annoying because I know she probably has some issues too cause she told me how she’s been hurt in the past, how hard is it to gain her trust. She also used the phrase that she lives in a bubble.

Will try to work it out and keep you updated

ellominero18
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 10:23 pm #62085

don’t contact her too much. leave her wanting more

snowman1991
    Participant
    September 18, 2014 at 4:59 am #62093

yeah I’m not doing this.. haven’t actually texted or called for 8 days now. I’m sending my last message soon and will see.

Will write something like that I would really like to know what is wrong and that she can be totally honest like always because I’m so confused what is it and that she can tell me everything.. even the thing she doesn’t like me.