The day we broke up my boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend) starting online dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

headintheclouds
    Participant
    July 14, 2013 at 8:32 am #35307

Three months ago he asks me to move-in with him. Then we go through some depression issues (him), break-up a month ago where he begs me to take him back and then we break up for good just 3 days ago. I just found out he starting online dating the day we broke up. I realize that we’re both moving on and that it’s really over – I’m good with that. But is it normal to move on that quickly?

lucid_dawn
    Participant
    July 23, 2013 at 7:24 pm #35871

I had a boyfriend do something similar to this however I found the online dating profile before we had broken up. In my case the relationship was over before it was officially over. Physically we were still together but emotionally and psychologically we both knew it wasn’t working and that it was time to move on.

Getting back together with your boyfriend after your first breakup was probably the last ditch effort to make sure the right decision was being made. Sometimes we have to give it one more shot just to be sure it’s really time to walk away. More than likely a part of him had probably already moved on before your most recent breakup and this is why that part of him was so quick to move on.

Personally I’ve had relationships so emotionally taxing that I was ready to move on and see new people just days after breaking free. Sometimes you know immediately what you need. Other times you have to take a moment to reflect and decide.