The dreaded ignored text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

The dreaded ignored text

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

wth1234
    Participant
    July 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm #36039
    The dreaded ignored text

There’s this girl I’ve known for a long time, and we liked each other a long time ago, but things went south (REALLY south), and we didn’t talk/see each other for about 2 years. But we genuinely had feelings for one another, the only reason it went south was because her unfortunate having a boyfriend. (of course).

So now, we’ve reconnected and gone out, spent some time, put everything in the past. She told me to be patient with her, no rushing, things will happen in time. SO, this makes me ecstatic. We’re both really happy to be speaking to and seeing each other again. Things are different and beautiful.

But, being myself, I am very excited and maybe come on a little too strong. And now she ignored one of my ‘hey, what’s going on?’ texts after about 5 days of no contact. It’s been almost a week. And I’m going nuts. I know she works 7 days a week with lots of overtime, but still.

A weird situation. Any thoughts?

Mandi
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:32 pm #39321

Maybe it would be better to have an in person conversation instead of elusive text messages. Pick up the phone and ask her out so that you can talk in person.