The dreaded "let's be friends." Please help me.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

drifterofwood
    drifterofwood
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 2:24 am #60423

So I met this girl about a little more than 2 months ago at a bar. I found out shes interning here in California from Vietnam on a 1 year visa, but she can speak English moderately well. I’m Vietnamese, but I was born here.

I get her number and we text on and off until I ask her on a date. Things go pretty well, and she wants to hang out again. I didn’t kiss or her anything until the third date. On the fourth date she invited me in (her housemates don’t like guests over) and we had sex. Next day we have sex again and she tells me I should stay over.

Eventually she goes to visit her sister in Washington and I offer to take her to the airport. We have sex and she asks me to wait at the airport with her (her flight was at 6:30 am). When she comes back we hang out a few days later and she acts reserved. She doesn’t kiss me at the end of our date and I ask her about this later and she says she has a lot on her mind and wants to be friends.

What is going on? Please help me.

drifterofwood
    drifterofwood
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 2:27 am #60424

Her main reasoning is that she’s only here for about 8 more months and is afraid to commit. I really like her and I told her that 8 months is a long time for us to figure things out. It just seems extremely quick to change (her trip was only 3 days).

I really like her and I don’t really want to feel this way again. My ex girlfriend essentially did the same thing where she randomly wanted to be friends when everything was great.

alittlelost1
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm #60436

Maybe she didn’t really go see her sister…..

wwttzz
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 4:29 pm #60442

Something’s up. She either is seeing someone else or just really does have a lot on her mind. Give her some time.

amberosa84
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 7:52 pm #60446

Yes it sounds like she is having some kind of delima. I would let her know exactly how u feel and see if she feels the same way if so give it time.

drifterofwood
    drifterofwood
    Participant
    September 2, 2014 at 8:46 am #60444

She sent me pictures of her sister and auntie and their kids.

drifterofwood
    drifterofwood
    Participant
    September 2, 2014 at 8:47 am #60445

She sent me pictures of her family while there.

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 7:52 pm #61224

Give her some space.. If she truly likes u, she will come around and will initiate contact.. Let her know that being just friends is not an option… Things will never be the same so there is no such thing as let’s just be friends. If she’s not inspired to be with u then she’s not the one.