The guy I was seeing just dumped me for his “ex” wife…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2018 at 5:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bakergirl91
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 10:57 pm #159774

So I’m a single mom and recently started to date a guy I work with. Probably the biggest mistake ever right? Anyways things were going great I thought until two weeks ago he started to act really awkward with me and stopped texting and calling as much. Today at work he told was acting even more weird and I could just tell something was up. It’s not like him to act cold towards me. When I was leaving work he told me to call him so we could talk so I did. That’s when he dropped the bomb. He told me his ex or soon to be ex ripped up the divorce papers and said she wanted to try again. He said he was confused and feels really bad because he didn’t see this coming and he really likes me blah blah blah. Of course I’m upset and I’m also really confused. I told him well I understand because you have kids and we’re together for a long time and the holidays are just around the corner so o get it. I’m basically just collateral damage at this point and he didn’t say much. What do I do?

Confuzzled
    Participant
    December 20, 2017 at 8:30 pm #160640

If it were me I would move on. It’s a complicated situation with so many people involved and the man is confused. He needs time and space to figure things out and you’ll only get hurt more if you’re still in the midst of it while this is going on. It’ll get harder and harder for you and you don’t deserve that. He needs to be 100% sure it’s over with her before going any farther with you and as of now it definitely isn’t 100% over. If he does figure out he wants to be with you and gets the divorce then great. If not, then it’s better for you to separate yourself from the situation sooner rather than later.