The invitation…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

The invitation…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Ellipsis
    Ellipsis
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 4:39 pm #139817
    The invitation…

Hi,

I’m meeting up with a group of friends in the next two weeks, and there’s a girl I really, really like and want to invite.

The problem is, it’s more of a reunion, and she might not want to go for that reason. I’ve known this girl for a little while, but nothing has really happened between us, and I don’t know her ‘well enough’ to really ask her out of the blue.

Her best-friend is going to the reunion, and I’m very close to her. But, I don’t know how to ask her whether she would mind asking her friend along, I don’t really want her to know my intentions (although honourable!) towards her friend, because she’s bound to gossip, and if it goes badly I don’t want everyone knowing.

Thanks for your suggestions

Siro
    Siro
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 9:32 pm #139820

Hello!

Maybe you should ask her anyway. I think it’s possible she could say yes. You could say that you want to get to know her better. You could also ask her friend to invite her, but like you said, she may gossip about it. If you think that those suggestions won’t work, you could always set up another time to do something with her, maybe talk to her some more. I’m not sure if that is helpful to you. I honestly think you should do whatever feels best, but there are some things to think about.

Good luck!

Siro
    Siro
    Participant
    June 17, 2017 at 10:09 pm #139821

Also, I just wanted to mention that I haven’t really had dating experience before… I just wanted to be honest. I tried to give you suggestions that I have heard before. I just created an account, so I had to comment on threads to create my own. So I don’t know if I helped at all. I still hope things work out for you though.

Ellipsis
    Ellipsis
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 12:24 pm #139829

Thanks, I might just grow a backbone and give it a try.

Best of luck with your thread!

Ellipsis
    Ellipsis
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 4:19 pm #139960

Yeah, it didn’t really work out today, still you win some you lose some

Siro
    Siro
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 5:47 pm #139981

Yeah not sure if my advice was very good. Again, not really experienced.