the one or not the one

DATING ADVICE FORUM

the one or not the one

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

uch2014
    Participant
    April 14, 2014 at 4:52 pm #51248
    the one or not the one

This is going to be a cliff notes version of the whole story….

In a nutshell, I have been dating a girl for almost 2 years, she has so many amazing qualities and everyone around me loves her, especially my family. I’m getting the “when are you going to buy a ring/proposal” questions all the time. I am a bad communicator, but I have been in a few longer relationships so I feel I know what I am looking for. My gf and I are very different people, I am the very social, spontaneous one and she is the low-key, stay in on friday night’s, planner types. This along with a few other things, have really put me to the edge with our relationship and I am doubting big time that we move to the next step. I don’t think she has any idea my feelings (to their full effect). My thoughts are definitely leading to a break-up, heartbreak, but I know there is a laundry list of absolutely amazing things about this girl and I know I will be extremely upset and my decision either way, what to do???????

Trepur
    Trepur
    Participant
    April 16, 2014 at 4:17 pm #51358

You can’t change the way a person is. But you can try to do not-so-social activities with her, like going to a restaurant on friday night, and try to slowly build up from there. Maybe talking to her about this would help alot, don’t make it seem too serious though.
    Good luck!

oc24
    Participant
    April 21, 2014 at 11:37 am #51559

You will never know what to do unless you talk about it.