The strangest thing happened

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

therealmcoy
    Participant
    March 23, 2016 at 10:14 pm #96324

So I am really confused about this one. I started seeing a girl about 8 months ago. We really kicked it off and even fell for each other, something I don’t normally do. But we connected well. Long story short, after about 6 months of dating, introducing to my parents, etc, she stops responding to my texts. She lives slightly far away, 1.5 hours, so its not as if I could walk over and see whats going on. Prior to this she mentioned maybe we needed to take a break because she was in grad school, super busy etc. I said that would be fine lets remain friends though, which she insisted we should to. Then she just drops off the face of the earth. Stops responding to my texts and calls and FB messages. I tried to give her space and only texted/called her once or twice just to try and figure out what happened. I finally sent and angry text (using words I shouldn’t have), she responds telling me she’s busy and that if I continue to “harass” her she would get a PPO order against me… WHAT? (con

therealmcoy
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 8:55 am #96325

tinued) so she went from telling me she loves me, to we will always remain friends no matter what, to ignoring me, to threatening me to never speak to her again. What the hell happened? Did someone threaten her? Did her ex-husband do something? I am so confused I’ve never have some go from such a high to a low. All I know is women are crazy as fuck. You think you know them, then BOOM, some other person comes along.

therealmcoy
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 8:55 am #96326

So she went from saying she loved me, to we’ll always be friends, to ignoring, to threatening me. I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. What a crazy psycho. I’m losing faith in humanity and women.

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 1:44 pm #96516

Well men do the same thing too at times. Basically she was being a coward and not just telling you that she didn’t want to be in a relationship with you…she used the old..we’re still friends technique..The fact that she ONLY responded back to you after you got frustrated and upset and texted her out of anger…well that tells you that she was using that as a way to now say that you’re bothering her.Like I say..men do it too..the cowardly ones…
    The grown proper and respectful thing she should have done was let you know that it wasn’t going to work out after all..and that’s it.But she choose to ignore you and ignore you hoping that it would all go away.Well unfortunately that’s the type of society we’re now living in…one full of cowards. You didn’t do anything wrong…she did by not being an adult about the situation.She should have just told you that it wasn’t going to work and be done with it.You will find someone better. Good luck.

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 1:45 pm #96517

..Oh also she could have had someone over there too and just wanted to forget about you and move on with that person…

therealmcoy
    Participant
    March 27, 2016 at 11:17 pm #96576

Thanks for the comment! Yes I realize men do this sort of stuff too. Cowardly is right. I never do that to people. If I’ve lost interest or don’t like something I am just straight up honest. Even if its brutally honest. Because in the end its better they know why.

rustyhands
    Participant
    March 27, 2016 at 11:40 pm #96578

Take the break and let her chase you………if she comes back she’s worth it.