There is this girl I am nervous to talk to.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ethannn1
    Participant
    February 14, 2016 at 12:18 am #93519

I am 16 years old and I completely feel like I am in love with this girl who lives in my neighborhood and goes to my school. I have never talked to her but she is just so beautiful that I just can’t. I really want her but I am scared to talk to her and what to do. I see her pretty much everyday around school and we usually make eye contact every time and she will sometimes smile if that means anything much.

I would just like some help on what I should do. Also she is usually with one of her friends a lot.

Bookworm115
    Participant
    February 14, 2016 at 8:18 pm #93534

It certainly sounds like you’ve been worrying quite a bit about this, so it’s good that you’ve posted. Has she lived in your neighborhood for a while, or has she just moved in?

My advice would just be to start out with just a simple “hi, how’s it going,” maybe as you’re passing by in between classes, and then see where it goes from there – if she’s interested in speaking, ask about hobbies and stuff. Take it slowly.

If you find you’re really nervous, you might try talking to a coach or a counselor at school or something for advice.

Med91
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 6:38 am #93550

If you are really nervous you could always start of by texting her or something so you can get to know her before hand?

ethannn1
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 2:10 pm #93598

See that’s what I was thinking but I think it looks better to talk in person first and it can be less awkward. My friend gave me her snapchat but i’m not sure if I should add it and what to do when she adds me.

ethannn1
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 9:05 am #93601

She has lived here for about a year, and sure I could do some small talk but from what I have heard she is a bit shy also. So small talk with another shy person can lead to some awkwardness in between.

Nathanbrady077
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 8:19 pm #93731

Talking in person would give you a better first impression. And first impressions are important. Your first time talking to her doesn’t have to be made a big deal out of. Just go up to her and say “hey, how’s it going?” Or something similar. Act confident though. Confidence is key.

unicorns
    Participant
    February 18, 2016 at 4:03 pm #93878

text her first and see how she feels about it. continue to ask about her everyday and start to hang out you’ll get closer and you’ll get to tell her how you feel and you’re giving her a chance to feel the same way

beatvol
    Participant
    February 19, 2016 at 3:33 pm #93955

Just talk to her, then you at least have a chance. If you never talk to her another guy will.