There's a girl I like but don't know how to approach her.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rukisbff
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 5:15 pm #71760

I am 22 and in college (engineering student). School work keeps me pretty busy, so I haven’t dated/flirted in maybe 4 years. Yesterday, I was picking up some lunch and saw this girl that was a waitress there. In my mind, she was the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t just looks. She carried herself well and was very well mannered but still seemed “fun”. She didn’t seem like the majority of the other girls I’ve seen since attending the university. I wanted to speak but ended up saying nothing more than I had to with an awkward smile.

What can I do? I know asking a girl out I’ve only seen once is creepy. I don’t know how to approach this. Please lend some advice. It’d be much appreciated.

CastleInSky
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 9:13 am #74442

That’s interesting. I just wrote about how I can’t seem to get through to “geeky” guys, such as those in engineering 🙂
    So, obviously, part of the problem, in school anyway, is that you are all super busy with work.
    But as for the girl you like… a friend of mine did this. He went to a restaurant regularly, on his waitresses’ (now wife’s) shifts, at her tables, and made smalltalk with her every time. He used it to find out her relationship status, where she lived, if she had kids, etc. but also to be fun, say interesting things, let her know about himself.

It would be weird to just up and ask her out without talking to her. But if you have the patience and the time, seek her out at work, get a feel for her attitude towards you. Don’t be a stalker, but go there every Tuesday at 2 or whatever, make yourself a regular, be casual, and if you talk enough after a few weeks then try asking her out. “Hey, I would like to take you out one evening…” Good luck!