This girl confuses me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

This girl confuses me

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dreezo
    Participant
    October 18, 2015 at 6:05 pm #87029
    This girl confuses me

I had never spoken to this girl before and then one lunch (I’m 18 btw) her friend starts a convo and then she takes over, asking questions like what type of girl I like. I thought it was weird but she then sat next to me when revising. I talked to her again and decided she was just the confident type and didn’t actually like me so left it there, a fortnight later she comes to have a chat with me after school whilst she’s waiting to see a teacher. I then text her that night, we exchanged a few texts but she takes a really long time to answer. But she also keeps the convo going and I even received the “you’re funny” text for something pretty basic. Final thing, I think she’s nicer looking than me but another girl not friends with the first girl saying that it looks like she likes me. Any opinions on whether she does or not?

JorgeJordan182
    Participant
    October 19, 2015 at 2:32 am #87038

Bro you got to invest more time in talking to her not as a friend but just to know her more, get some info from those bland conversations.
    Be Flirtatious and not be the friends!! and let her know that you are attracted to her and if she is ok with that then BINGO ask her OUT!!
    AVOID THE FRIENDZONE IS KEY!!! by saying you are atracted to her then you just avoided it jaja GOOD LUCK ANYWAYS!!!

Paulstev
    Participant
    October 19, 2015 at 5:28 am #87042

Keyword: ESCALATE!
    Go and talk to her sexually, touch her a bit, be cocky funny.
    Then just ask her out, no point in dragging the texting too much.

Dreezo
    Participant
    October 19, 2015 at 3:05 pm #87066

Cheers everyone, I think I’m going to do that and step it up a notch or two

jackjones101
    Participant
    October 19, 2015 at 8:06 pm #87089

in in a similar situation

Peter601
    Participant
    October 22, 2015 at 9:06 am #87191

Wow she really escalated the situation quickly

mrright
    Participant
    October 22, 2015 at 8:34 pm #87233

Your questioning if she likes you? All signs indicate she is interested. You are interested so just ask her to hangout, people are always afraid of the friend zone! Being just friends can happen before or after a flirty or sexual relationship. Just have fun, be excited that you even meet someone that has you thinking, and don’t over think it.

flanneryfan
    flanneryfan
    Participant
    October 23, 2015 at 8:19 pm #87297

She seems interested in you–so just keep chatting with her and feel it out; go with the flow.

Other things:
    -Don’t worry about her response time with the text–some people just take longer to text than others–it doesn’t always mean that their uninterested, they just might not pay as much attention to their phone (which is probably a good thing, in the screen addiction age).
    -She does seem confident which means she would be compatible with someone who is confident; so if you’re feeling insecure, figure out what’s making you feel that way and try to work it out, and believe in yourself–the fact that your writing this post demonstrates you have self-awareness, so it’s clear you have some good qualities to be confident about! It even puts you ahead of other men your age!!

johnjerod
    Participant
    October 24, 2015 at 1:00 pm #87328
    Reply To: This girl confuses me

it is very confusing . you should back off

Dreezo
    Participant
    October 29, 2015 at 2:33 pm #87644
    Reply To: This girl confuses me

Update: I told her I liked her and she said she didn’t realise she was giving those kind of signals. We said we can still be friends, does it mean we can? And what future advice would anyone give?