This Girl has me so confused, help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GavinDye88
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 8:04 pm #56963

Hi guys,

Cutting the story sort i met a girl on a night out,kissed and got her number etc,Took her for drinks on date 1, went really, really well, ended up going back to hers on the first night as i missed my train home and we just kissed and cuddled in bed because she wanted to stick to her rule and not ruin it by having sex on the first date which i respected.So as the first date went really well i arranged a 2nd date 2weeks later,went for a meal and then for drinks after and again everything was going great,she initiated nearly all of the kissing,holding hand etc.But heres where i get abit lost, she mentioned towards the end of the 2nd date”she doesn’t know where she stands with me”because i hardly text/called her inbetween dates well obviously not as much as she liked.Thing is she never initiates a text/call herself it’s always me having to do it so i thought if she was really interested in me she would at least start the odd convo here and there and i hinted at that…..

GavinDye88
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 8:05 pm #56964

I said”the only reason i don’t contact you everyday is because i don’t wanna become that annoying person who wont leave you alone etc”she was really excited for a third date so about 4 days later i asked her out over the weekend but she was working all weekend so i said how about next week and she said”I’ll let ya know cause she has 2 essays due in for her degree in the next 2weeks”.Im so confused is she trying to sutley say “i dont wana see you” or shud i keep at it and ask her out again and if so, when? I texted her today and it was going well but then she randomly didnt reply and i was about to ask what she had planned for this week and then move in to asking her out again depending on what she said. Should i leave it for a few days before asking about the 3rd date again of wait a week or even longer? im so confused!

Any advice would be a great help, Cheers!

marinebean
    Participant
    July 10, 2014 at 9:15 am #57034

Any girl who is willing to share her bed with a stranger, even if there wasn’t any sex, seems a bit confused herself. I would say that you are trying to figure out a girl who hasn’t figured herself out yet.

The other thing is this; sometimes women decide not to be bothered. Maybe they will tell you, maybe they will act like yours is acting with you. Sometimes, they just cut you off without explanation.

Maybe the best thing to do is walk away.

Elcamino84
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 3:52 pm #57239

I’ve been there. I’d wait at least a week before asking her out again. Hopefully she will contact you before that and you can make plans. If she’s not responsive after that then she’s just not that interested.

Anonymous
    July 12, 2014 at 7:26 am #57324

I think you should ask her out asap if you really like her.

If you are not sure – just keep texting her for a few days then after that call and ask her out.

Broost
    Participant
    July 19, 2014 at 4:22 am #57816

Just text her some and see how responsive she is. If she is unreponsive and still expects you to do all the work, than just go for someone else.

ptb415
    Participant
    July 20, 2014 at 12:20 am #57833

Okay as a girl I can say that I get really stressed out about how often a guy texts me and initiates texts. I try to avoid texting guys first because I’m afraid I’l come across as needy or something. She’s probably over thinking it… just text her!

hopelesspanzy24
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 3:31 pm #57894

just text her brother! I think you have already initiated that you like one another so your in the green zone. If you know she is busy dont text her. If you know she isnt GO FOR IT! Wait until after you essay or whatever because it seems she really wants to focus on that. Don’t be the distraction at the wrong times, only the right!

gampla
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 6:05 pm #57904

no advice here everyone put what i would say

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 8:55 pm #57908
    Reply To: This Girl has me so confused, help!

I’d give her another shot. You’ve already tried a few times and she had to “reschedule”. If she does it again, just move on. Not saying she’s not into you, but if she can’t make time to see you (especially after getting a tad upset that you didn’t call/text in between dates) then it’s not worth it.

bleeker23
    Participant
    July 21, 2014 at 10:03 pm #57909
    Reply To: This Girl has me so confused, help!

Its hard to now what women want in this situation because there re two completely different philosphies that women tend to subscribe to. Some female friends of mine have told me in the past that they will NEVER text first if they are into a guy. They tend to use this as either a gauge to see how interested a guy is, or it could be to gain some sort of advantage, I have no idea. Other girls will text or call if they want to talk. Its sounds like this girl subscribes to the latter. I would just tell her you didn’t think she was interested because she didn’t reach out to you. If she’s a reasonable person she will probably understand. If not maybe you shouldn’t date her. Best of luck