This guy dropped off the face of the earth

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 19, 2017 at 9:16 am #133627

Met this guy online on a dating site. We hit it off talking and after a few days he asked me to go out on a date. I was really excited and immediately said yes. He kept asking what I was comfortable with doing and where I wanted to go. We decided to meet for dinner. I was unfamiliar with the area, so he asked a buddy of his for advice on food. He sent me the restaurant website to make sure it was somewhere I wanted to go. All of it was nice, and seemed promising. We planned this date on Saturday for the Saturday after. We set the day, and picked the restaurant. All seemed great. Ever since we planned the date, I have barely heard from him. He wished me a Happy Easter on Sunday, and I him, and now its Wednesday and I haven’t heard one word from him. I texted him Tuesday afternoon about what time we are meeting, and now its Wednesday morning and I haven’t heard a word back. I’m so confused. Why ask me out and then drop off ? I mean we had been actively talking before. I don’t get it?

DK73X2
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 8:58 am #133763

Sometimes for guys it’s the thrill of the chase. It’s a who knows what can go on in our heads.

Katie__17
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 4:23 pm #133839

I agree with DK73x2, he may have just been in it for the chase or he has a significant other and chickened out at the last minute.

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 9:55 am #133887

He finally responded Wednesday saying sorry a ton of times and saying how he typed out a whole long message to me, but he forgot to hit send. He thought he did so he was just sitting waiting for me to respond. He kept apologizing. I’ve done that before myself, so I understood. He then told me he was so sorry and he has to reschedule again. He said he just found out some friends who live out of town are coming in for this wedding, and want to spend Saturday catching up and visiting with him. He said he doesn’t want to risk not being back in time for our date. He immediately started asking me again what times, days, I am free. I told him I was not free Monday, but can be flexible most other days. He then says how he is not free Wednesday. So then I tell him I am free Tues, Thurs, and Sunday. He then responds saying how he will have to see closer to next week what his schedule is going to be like.

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 9:55 am #133888

I said okay. He kept talking to me and texting me throughout that day. He got a puppy a few months back and he’s super proud of it. He talks and talks about his puppy. I ask how his day is going and he starts spamming me with all stuff about his puppy. Then he says “I also got to see my first puppy today and it was nice.” I ask him what he means by “first puppy.” And he says “from my previous relationship.”

To me, I’m assuming then the ex-fiancée took the dog. He picked it out and helped raise the dog, and it is evident he loves the dog, but it’s not his, so he got his own when they broke up. Then he starts sending me all pictures of her dog with his puppy and they are cuddling and playing. To me that means, if he sees the dog then he sees her still, and they have some sort of agreement laid out. Maybe she drops the dog off like a child split between two parents. I don’t know the situation. I felt bad, because I didn’t like it that he was in this situation.

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 9:55 am #133889

It’s not ideal for anyone to get involved in. But he clearly still loves her dog and he helped raise the dog. He then started again just gushing about his own puppy and how it helped him through his rough times, and was good dog therapy. He then started sending me just cute pictures of just his puppy only. We spoke for almost the whole day and then he never answered.

This was Wednesday. Thursday morning he texts me early saying he was sorry he didn’t respond and he fell asleep. Then starts asking all about my work day. We spent almost all day talking back and forth. He asked about my job, and me, and told me about him. He seemed genuinely interested in talking to me and getting to know me. We spoke from about 10 AM to 4 PM, and then I never heard from him again. Now it’s Friday morning. Maybe I will hear from him, maybe not.

Kosm
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 4:10 pm #134013

I think you’re over thinking and way over analyzing. It’s easy to do, but becareful because you could start sending out an anxious vibe. Font always assume the worst if he doesn’t text for 48 hours. You still have yet to go on your first date. Just enjoy his company and don’t worry about this stuff. Sounds like he is interested in you for sure. But just relax and get to know him.

Kosm
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 4:11 pm #134020

I think you’re over analyzing this. You guys haven’t even gone out yet. Just relax, have fun and get to know him.

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 5:29 pm #134059

I know I am. I overanalyze everything. I’m trying so hard to stop. I am sending out an anxious vibe. I want to enjoy it and just get to know him. I think he will like me just being my not anxious self.

Kosm
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 5:35 pm #134060
    Reply To: This guy dropped off the face of the earth

I do the same. The more you start being yourself, the more things can grow.

AlexxA
    Participant
    April 21, 2017 at 5:37 pm #134061

I get so in my head and second guess myself wanting to get someone to like me a lot

Artsyfartsy
    Participant
    April 22, 2017 at 2:15 am #134065

Confidence is an attractive trait! Remember this! Don’t get hung up on his lack of communication, some men like to play games like this, thinking that it will keep a woman interested by acting as if he doesn’t care whether or not he texts or stays in contact with you. Or maybe he is interested but he’s overthinking it and doesn’t want to seem overly eager. You definitely don’t need someone who wants to play head games with you. If he’s into you, he’ll let you know, if he ignores you, his loss! Stay positive and busy yourself with things that make you happy! Focus on relationships with friends and family that do make you a priority. If he does get back to you, keep it cool and don’t act as if your world was ending because he didn’t text you back. But personally I’d just move along, doesn’t sound like he’s very sure of himself and that’s not a great starting point

Athos1022
    Participant
    April 22, 2017 at 2:47 pm #134078

There are alot of creeps online and sometimes it’s hard to filter through all the weirdos and find a decent guy. It’s tough but it is possible.

Anonymous
    April 23, 2017 at 4:28 am #134082

I say drop him. He seems sketchy. Online dating can be very difficult. Try talking to someone else and try not to get attached too soon.

nattie05
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 11:54 pm #134537

It’s hard not to over think it when you felt a connection but try to act relaxed about it. If he ghosts for another time you agree to meet I would say move on then…

1 2