This is for all you ladies

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

applebottom
    Participant
    January 24, 2016 at 7:18 pm #92048

I met a woman, last fall, 2015. She has a young kiddo, her dad is sick, and she helps her mother around the house. She doesn’t make a whole lot, to live on her own right now. My state can be expensive. When we first met, she usually saw me, at least once a week. It is hard, she is a single parent. We both work a lot and do have busy lives. She has been pretty honest with me, I have no reason to doubt that. She has pushed me away in the beginning and then missed me terribly. She is also recovering from alcohol. She has been sober for almost a year.

My point is, we never really see each other and she kept having obligations and cancelling on our plans. She told me a month back, she realizes, she just isn’t ready for a relationship and can’t be what I need. She still says she misses me and cares for me. She asked if she could keep my number because she didn’t want me completely out of her life. I guess, I am just a bit confused.

Voyager
    Voyager
    Participant
    April 25, 2016 at 8:54 am #98647

It sounds like she really isn’t in good working order. No one needs to be perfect to day, but you need to be in a generally good place to be dating and be date-able. It doesn’t really sound like she is either of these things. At this point the choice is hers and she made her choice in telling you that she can’t date right now. At this point I would say move on. If she comes back, she comes back, but you need to move on for her to get in good working order and for you to maintain your sanity.

Uphill21
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 2:15 pm #106682

It doesn’t sound like she is emotionally available. That is a recipe for disaster to try and push someone that isn’t ready. Neither of you will benefit.