This online guy only wants me to date him only!!  I don't know?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

This online guy only wants me to date him only!! I don't know?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

corkylynnx
    corkylynnx
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 11:07 am #106318
    This online guy only wants me to date him only!! I don't know?

I’m 53 years old and just started online dating and met a man who lives several hundred miles away from me and we have only chatted online on one dating site a few times but he asked me last night if I was talking to other men. I told him I was because I’m dating and it takes time to get to know someone online and actually meeting in person

He told me that I am a beautiful woman and he only wants to get to know only one woman at a time. He wants to get to know ME ONLY and for me to cancel my subscription to the dating site and communicate with him only. I have been talking to other men and still talking to an ex as we are friends because I haven’t met anyone I wanted long-term yet. I do want to settle down eventually but leave my options open because it takes time to get to know someone especially if you haven’t met them in person.

I would like anyone’s view on this and should I tell this guy, I need time to get to know him before I cut off dating with others?

tarun123
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 8:24 pm #106332

i think that could affect him

Andy Willian
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 12:32 pm #106814

Yes, before meeting online anybody firstly be should know him or herself properly after that only we have to begin are personal chats.

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 15, 2016 at 11:36 pm #108323

Yes. Get to know him more before cutting off dating with other guys.

bobby.bill1882
    Participant
    August 16, 2016 at 5:44 pm #108421

Its online dating take nice and slow

ViolaY
    ViolaY
    Participant
    September 1, 2016 at 5:03 am #110320

You should take it slow

Octopus99
    Octopus99
    Participant
    September 11, 2016 at 10:02 am #110973

It does not seem strange to you – that it limits you, though you have not even seen? He is so unsure of himself that he was afraid of competition?

Damienishere
    Participant
    September 11, 2016 at 12:47 pm #110974

You are right to go slow with it.

Brittanylove
    Participant
    September 14, 2016 at 7:01 pm #111452

Going slow is always best

Kai8oh8
    Participant
    September 20, 2016 at 4:21 am #111914
    Reply To: This online guy only wants me to date him only!! I don't know?

As I have used match before Id suggest to go slow and meet only your know 100% sure your ready. Also have someone with you as you never know

Frus500
    Participant
    September 20, 2016 at 1:31 pm #111989

I recently had to end things with a woman who wanted me to date her only, she told me on the first date. It was not for me. She said “we are not in a committee relationship, but I don’t want you to see anyone else.” Sounded like a contradiction.

Anyhow, I felt boxed in when I didn’t want to feel that way. So after a few dates I said I couldn’t do this, and it ended. It was more the principal of the matter.

kjones87654321
    Participant
    November 24, 2016 at 10:06 pm #118101

I learned this the hard way. I suggest that you not stop talking to other guys until you’re in an established relationship. I met a guy online last year, we hit it off quickly, but don’t live near each other. A month or two after we started talking, I had coffee with a guy who lives near me, and the online guy got very upset. He said he loves me. I had feelings for him too, so I stopped talking to other guys. We still talk daily, but still haven’t met in person! If I could go back in time and do it over, I would have continued looking at least until we met in person. I wonder if knowing I might find someone else would have made meeting in person a higher priority for him, like maybe I made it too easy for him to keep putting me off.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    November 29, 2016 at 1:08 pm #118463

It’s always good to keep your options open. You never know who’s going to be the one you like the most. The best feature of online dating is to connect with as many people as you like and filter them…